Complaint Review: Dex One

• Updated: Tue, March 27, 2012

• Reported By: Ed — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Dex One
9501 E. Panorama Circle Englewood, Colorado United States of America

Dex One Dex One Media Deceptive billing, fraudulent billng, extortion, over billing Englewood, Colorado

I had a phone book listing with Dex One. Many times during 2010 I wrote on my bill stub as well as my checks "Do not renew this account please". However, in 2011 I started receiving bills for the new year. They informed me that they do not communicate with the folks who accept their bills. I informed them that that was an internal problem they should fix right away.

Not only did they continue to send bills for advertising I did not order, the address on my listing was for a location we moved out of in June of 2009.

The harassing letters were followed by phone calls from their collection people at a company called James, Stevens and Daniels. Foolishly, I agreed in January of 2012 to send them $175.60 if they would close the account and stop with the phone calls and letters, still maintaining that I never owed them anything in the first place. They accepted. I sent them the check in January. Now, while they acknowledge receiving the check, they deny having made any agreement. The harassment and extortion attempts continue.

These people are liars and thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2012 08:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dex-One/Englewood-Colorado-80112/Dex-One-Dex-One-Media-Deceptive-billing-fraudulent-billng-extortion-over-billing-Englew-859902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dex One