Complaint Review: Dhgate.com And Paypal.com

• Submitted: Wed, November 11, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, January 21, 2010

• Reported By: rocky2950 — Portland Maine United States of America
Dhgate.com And Paypal.com

Dhgate.com And Paypal.com younigengjingcai Counterfeit Sony MS-MT16G 16GB Memory Stick Real Capacity 128MB Internet

*Consumer Comment: I wasn't suprised

*Author of original report: Outcome Update

I saw was a 'too good to be true' deal on (10) Sony MS-MT16G 16GB memory stick pro duo. At around $145 I bought and received them.

I proceeded to check one with my Sony HDR-CX12. The camera tried to create a video file database but couldn't. It gave me an error message stating 'not enough memory'.

Hmmm. Windows reports it's the stated capacity of 16GB. I began researching on the web being very suspicious something's not right here.

I found a program (MyDiskTest) that tests flash cards to see if they are in fact the stated capacity. With that I was astounded to discover each and every card had a real capacity of 128MB. Wow talk about a downgraded chip!!!

Although I worked fast on this in time to file a dispute against seller younigengjingcai the process is slow. I demanded to return the items for a refund. Instead I was offered a $10 refund which of course I refused. [continued below]....

..... I'll update the outcome as time goes on.

I reported this to  stopfakes [stopfakes@am.sony.com] and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). It's been a week so I'm guessing they have their hands full of other complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dhgatecom-And-Paypalcom/internet/Dhgatecom-And-Paypalcom-younigengjingcai-Counterfeit-Sony-MS-MT16G-16GB-Memory-Stick-Rea-522393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dhgate.com And Paypal.com

I wasn't suprised

AUTHOR: B Miller - (United States of America)

I bought something from that site along time ago, the price was so cheap I figured there had to be something wrong with it.  They were x box 360 games.  When they arrived, They were cheap copies like you'd find at a flea market or a swapmeet.  The site offers some sort of guarantee where you have to cover the cost of the shipping.  The shipping cost is usually at least 60% of the cost so I just cut my losses and threw that garbage away.  I haven't bought anything since then.

There's another site called Alibaba.com that looks like it's the same bunch of scam artists.  I'd stay away from them too.

Outcome Update

AUTHOR: rocky2950 - (United States of America)

DHgate gave me a partial refund of $50. Which makes my net loss at $95. So the bottom line is I threw away $95 for totally worthless counterfeits.