Complaint Review: DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System

• Submitted: Fri, November 07, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By:wayland Michigan
DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System
936 South Waverly Road Lansing, Michigan U.S.A.

DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System List msrp $3229.00 for complete home theater system, told me he got 2 for free and needed to get rid off them Lansing Michigan

*General Comment: Not a new scam...

*Consumer Comment: DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System Consumer Alert

I was driving into the parking lot at the Home Depot by the lansing mall. A guy pulling out was flagging me crazy like I had something wrong with my van. I rolled down the window and he was so excited and yelling something about a free d-7 system just on the market. So we both parked and he showed it to me and showed me a magazine that looked like consumer report that showed it valved at over $3000.00. I said I could afford it and had one but insisted I make an offer so I did. He put up this big show like it was worth way more and he was in a hurry to make his delivery deadline in 20min. So lots of fast talkin and movin I bought the SCAM for $500.00 cash. Now what am I suppose to do with it??? I would guess the guy was around 24 yrs old driving a new little suv type car. Short, skinny, red hair with a cap and obviously really good at this. Look out Lansing.

Shannon
wayland, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2008 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DiVinci-D-7-Home-Theater-System/Lansing-Michigan-48917/DiVinci-D-7-Home-Theater-System-List-msrp-322900-for-complete-home-theater-system-told-389086. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System

#1 General Comment

Not a new scam...

AUTHOR: dsa - (United States of America)

I had a guy in a minivan flag me down in Lansing, MI back in 1996 with the same "offer". "we just finished this job and have this extra home entertainment system" or some such thing. I pretty much just said no thanks and went on my way.

DiVinci D-7 Home Theater System Consumer Alert

AUTHOR: Notgonnafallforit - (U.S.A.)

Two guys Tried to sell a cheesy Home Theater system in Downtown Cleveland Ohio Nov 19th 2008. Similar as reported by Shannon from MI in Report: #389086.

Two individuals tried to sell me a DiVinci D-7 system right out of their car. Exact same sales pitch as stated from the previous report. The one individual matched the description of the guy in Lansing MI, red hair, thin. Driving a nearly new, black, smaller SUV. Maybe they are making the rounds thru the nearby states. Showed me the boxed system and pulled out the catalog as well. Asked for $200 for the "extra system worth $3200.00" he couldn't deliver or didn't want to return to "his boss".

I knew it was a scam when he tried to coax me over but I just had to look. I didn't bite on their pitch and saved myself the hassle but got a good look at the goods. 2000 watt 5.1 Home theater system. LOL. When he pulled the box over seemed pretty light weigh for a system spec'd at 2000 watts. System that powerful would be pretty heavy and the speakers would have been heavy too, made with large magnets to handle the power. Couldn't believe it for a second.

They are in the Cleveland OH area now so BEWARE.

Note that these are also being sold on that popular auction website for a "BUY IT NOW" price of around $130.00. I wouldn't pay 1/2 that price for it. I also see some other models of "DiVinci" branded systems. Buyer beware and KNOW what you are getting. This system looked way too plastic for a real home theater system.

And this scam with this product has been around for a couple of years. Lots of people angry they got taken. Specs are all wrong on their models; the hype is only for talking up a system that really can't perform.

Google "DiVinci Sound System" or "DiVinci Scam" and you'll see the posts.

Sorry you got taken Shannon. Hopefully you learned a lesson. Scams like this have been going on for a long time.

Everyone do themselves a favor and research your important purchases. You get what you pay for. And don't buy crap off the street. It's always "No warranty, AS IS" when you do.

John- Notgonnafallforit