Complaint Review: DiVinci DV-606, Towers, Suround System Ripoff Ontario California

• Submitted: Thu, May 31, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, May 31, 2007

• Reported By:Wilmington North Carolina
DiVinci DV-606, Towers, Suround System Ripoff Ontario California
1950 South Grove Ave. 201 Ontario, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 909-9234518
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

DiVinci DV-606, Ripoff! Ontario California

This morning I have been approached by a man in a dark grey Jeep Cherokee, with a South Carolina License plate on it. I don't remember the numbers on it. But that man asked me if I was interested in a home theather system. And I just wanted to have a look at it because I was thinking of buying a system in about six months.

He showed me the MSRP pice on the box, $3659.-- and he would sell it to me for $1000.--. His story was that the warehouse shipped two systems instead of 1 system and he didn't want to return it. He prefered to sell it to somebody who wanted to have a good deal. He even showed me a magazine in which the system was advertised. With the same price on it. After some talking we opened the boxes and everything was there. And it was brand new.
So finally I bought the whole set for $800.--.

And I soon I came home with the new system I looked it up in the internet and saw pretty quickly that this deal was not as good as I thought. I saw that the prices varies from 250 up to 400 and even cheaper. So I felt pretty bad about what I had done. I called the Divinci company, and they check for me if it is their product or just a cheap copy from another company in Cali.
But I have my doubts if they are going to call me back.

Right now I just feel that I have lost about $600.-- because the system is only worth $200.-- and I paid $800.--.

But let my mistake be a lesson for other people. I have learned my lesson the expensive way, and I feel bad about it.

Hopefully something will happen to this kind of parkinglot dealers. I am willing to make a case out of this and see what is going to happen. This has to stop!

Item description:

DV-608
1800 Watts Total System Power
Built-in 5.1 Receiver/Pre-Amp/Processor/Tuner
*300 Watts/Channele/8 Ohms*
12' 550W High-Current Low-Mass Subwoofer
Satellite/Center (250 Watts x 5 =1250W)
High-Energy lynxis precision Crossover
Digital Hi-Fi Audio/Video In/Outputs
Silver and Platinum Heat Resistant Wiring
Direct Laser Tech. Full Function Remote
Gold Capped High-End A/V Cables and Wiring
14.2'(H) X 44.3'(W) X 13.4' ( D )
71.2 Lbs ( Weight )

Geert
Wilmington, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2007 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DiVinci-DV-606-Towers-Suround-System-Ripoff-Ontario-California/Ontario-California-91761/DiVinci-DV-606-Ripoff-Ontario-California-251478. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DiVinci DV-606, Towers, Suround System Ripoff Ontario California