Complaint Review: Dial 1 Limo Service

• Submitted: Wed, March 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By: Anthony V — Marrero Louisiana United States of America
Dial 1 Limo Service

Dial 1 Limo Service Double Charge, Deceptive, Scam, Refuse Refund, Evasive, Internet

This company took $260.28 for a pick up and return ride from JFK Airport to  the hotel, and back again, 2 times total.  Upon arrival at the airport, I called to get the pick up as instructed.  A few minutes later, the operator called me back to tell me that the appointed driver had not received the text the day before and was not available, but he offered to help me find another limo which he was able to do in all of about 5 minutes.  The only catch was that I had to pay the "new driver" in cash for that half of the ride, he apologized and immediately agreed to refund that part of the pre-paid fare asap.

Upon our departure, the same thing happened and we again had to take a hastily arranged limo thru him and again, had to pay in cash, with yet again, a promise to now refund the total amount we had already paid to his service.  It has now been almost 4 months and to date, no refund.  I have been instructed to send them an invoice thru my pay-pal account which I have done and since 2 reminder invoices as well.  I am now of the opinion that I will not receive a refund and that this was a carefully planned scam taking advantage of the immediate need for a ride.

I believe that based on the operator who keeps telling me that the owner will get to me soon, leading me to believe that they do this regularly and pay back those people who give them enough trouble.  The only contact I have is their toll free number, and I do get an answer most times I call though it is only the operator, or so I think.  Their number is 888-872-5211.  I recently emailed them thru their contact portion of the website and threatened legal action only to find that the next day they had changed their web address and contact information from Dial1limo.com to 87753dial1.com.  All of the other info, logo and advertisement is the same.  Beware if you are suddenly asked to pay in cash for what  you already paid for upfront.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dial-1-Limo-Service/internet/Dial-1-Limo-Service-Double-Charge-Deceptive-Scam-Refuse-Refund-Evasive-Internet-860429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dial 1 Limo Service