- Report: #901697
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dial America
Dial Americaathens, GA AthensInternet, Georgia United States of America
Dial America A Dysfunctional Company AthensInternet, Georgia
Dear Mr. Conway: (A letter to the president)
It is with deep regret that I must inform you of a clear case of Harassment and Retaliation in your Athens Call Center.
Please respect that when I resigned from Dial America on May 8, 2012, I was informed by responsible management (Scheduling Manager, Susanne Cuisse) that I was eligible for rehire. Further, on numerous occasions people leave and then return to Dial America. My initial training class consisted of several individuals in this category.
In fact, I have been informed by knowledgeable that you have a disappointing turnover of 250-300 telesales per year out of a total of 600. Sad, indeed.
My issues with your company never had anything to do with the job as I enjoyed my position. However, it had everything to do with your management team and all of what I report here has been well documented.
As a direct result of my documented harassment issues I was informed by telephone by a middle manager, James Godinis, at Dial America (May 15, 2012) that I was not suitable for rehire. I asked for a reason and he stated, I am not a fit. This is after 3 months of solid positive performance. Forgive me I am getting ahead of myself.
This was the email sent to internal management at Dial America within 2 days of my departure from Dial America.
It is also important to understand that your team had absolutely no respect for me during the experience as no one would ever return a phone call. Specifically, I site Pam Randazzo and Matt Donaldson. Note Donaldson did return my 3rd message after I advised that I had planned to pursue this issue with General Electric, EEOC and you. I asked for 25 minutes to explain face-to-face this situation. He requested another day to review material. I stated this was not possible as this issue has been festering too long and he already possessed all the information he required. I did not wish anymore delay.
Please respect that the issues (1, 2) are documented. Others were of a verbal nature in private coaching sessions with the exception of (9) that was shouted for the group on the floor, at that time to hear.
Email content: Below led to retaliatory action by company.
PARTIAL LIST OF CONCERNS led to decision to resign
Shamiya Brown, Team Leader
1. Never explained goal setting for cancels and sales quota. 2. Environment she created is quite negative and demotivational. 3. More specifically issued verbal warnings weeks after problems solved i.e cancels, talk over. 4. Put a negative spin on everything ie recent cancel made good verification department said they in error but Shamiya thought after I asked her for her opinion that sale should have been a cancel. Depressing. 5. Seemed to enjoy the critical and the classic put down; every coaching session a huge NEGATIVE. 6. Threatened to fire re: cancels after problem solved 2-3 weeks earlier. 7. continued to focus and dwell on the irrevelant eg up tone comments. 8. Incident with use of word 'that.' I will explain if you wish but I can assure you it's quite bazaar. 9. After coaching session announced to group on floor at that time that I will require discplinary action for lack of sales - out of the blue. 10. All if not nearly all monitoring of my calls was quite positive.
In fact, I made it very clear to Brown that my goal was to be the best agent I could. That is why I put so much added effort into the call center process of taking calls. All of these issues were brought to her attention and she chose to totally and unequivocally ignore or become defensive. --------------------------------------- Performance (3 months)
A. Perfect attendance B. Never late for work C. Vitually no or very shortened breaks D. Fixed any problems brought to my attention 1. Cancels 2. Over- talking 3. Rebuttals 4 Up-tones E. Have always worked to tackle all areas of needed improvement when brought to my attention. F. Always agreed to added hours at straight pay. G. Positive relationships with all with whom I come in contact (always introduce myself, get their names and positively motivate agents. Great relationships with other team leaders. I am always positive and uplifting.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dial-America/AthensInternet-Georgia-30607/Dial-America-A-Dysfunctional-Company-AthensInternet-Georgia-901697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.