Complaint Review: Dial Industries

• Updated: Tue, April 20, 2010

• Reported By: Melina — San Luis Obispo California USA
Dial Industries
3616 Noakes Street Los Angeles, California United States of America

Dial Industries - Austin-Abbott - organize.com Company changes it's policies listed on it's website to benefit themselves. Leaves customers in the dust in their time of need. Horrible service. Los Angeles, California

*UPDATE Employee: Organize.com Response

*UPDATE Employee: Organize.com Response

I used to regularly buy items from this company when they were Austin-Abbott, based out of NY. They could not have been more friendly and kind. It was smooth sailing. I bought their adorable plastic products, and resold them in my on line store.

Then they merged with Dial Industries in L.A. I continued to order from them. Unfortunately, I fell on hard times, and due to an unexpected physical problem, I had to close down my stores. I had 3 boxes of unopened merchandise from Dial Industries here. I never even opened the shipping box. I figured, since I was a good customer, they would easily take my merchandise back, if they accepted returns.

I went to their old website, for Austin-Abbott and their new one for Dial Industries. On both websites, they said they take returns. Great! Well....not great. I emailed and spoke to a customer service person on the phone. I, stupidly, told them that I had to close my store. I was dumb in being honest, I should have lied and told them that I just didn't like the merchandise. They told me they just couldn't do the return via email.

I immediately called, and the woman who handled my case said, in her exact words "Yeah, it's because your closing your store"...ah.... now we see. So even though they say they take returns, on both of their websites, they would not take mine, b/c they knew that I would not be buying from them in the near future. In my time of need, they dumped me.

I pointed out that their websites clearly stated that they take returns. "Where did you read that?" the woman said. I read her the exact wording from her site. "Yeah, but we can't, my boss says no. Your closing your store." I even offered to take a store credit, thinking I could get something else that I could use in my house. But no.

So, I am reporting, Austin-Abbott, Dial Industries, are a rip off. They will alter their policies, to service their own needs. They accept returns, only if it is in their interest to do so. They lie on both of their websites, and they do not give a crap about their customers. Unless you are buying something in the moment.

Here's an idea: Make your return policy say " We accept returns only if we deem you worthy. If not, then screw yourself. Sorry!:

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 02:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dial-Industries/Los-Angeles-California-90023/Dial-Industries-Austin-Abbott-organizecom-Company-changes-its-policies-listed-on-it-496532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dial Industries

Organize.com Response

AUTHOR: Organize.com - (United States of America)

We do not make this product and the customer did not purchase from Organize.com.  Our return policies are very clear on our website:  At Organize.com we want you to be completely satisfied when shopping with us which is why we inspect your order carefully before shipping it to you. If a product did not meet your expectations or you are not satisfied with a purchase you may return the product for a replacement or a refund within 30 days of the receipt of your order.

Repeated attempts to remove this incorrect report have been met with indifference on the part of Ripoff Report and they will not correct, even though this is not our business in question.

Organize.com Response

AUTHOR: Organize.com - (United States of America)

We do not make this product and the customer did not purchase from Organize.com.  Our return policies are very clear on our website,  At Organize.com we want you to be completely satisfied when shopping with us which is why we inspect your order carefully before shipping it to you. If a product did not meet your expectations or you are not satisfied with a purchase you may return the product for a replacement or a refund within 30 days of the receipt of your order.