i worked for dial america mktg in san diego for close to 4 years. As both a sales rep and a verifier, I think the company is good in some respects. they do offer a very flexible schedule, there is paid training along with a hourly rate, some of the staff is cool. they do have proven track record in the telemarketing industry but recently over the past few years there have been some problems.
1. the company lost a huge client in turbo tax, apparently everyone found out you can get the tax preparation material alot cheaper at your local retail outlet. dammm they lost probably millions out of this deal.
2. they might or might not still sell upgrades to quicken and quickbooks but this is not an easy sell. alot of people stuggled on this program.
3. there were some changes made in leadership that did not go over well with many who were with the company for some time.
4. after moving to anew location, the parking got much better as it was right behinfd their store and close to eateries but they strated to take drastic measures in letting people go some for good reasons others just to stay afloat.
5.they were during my employment were still selling an identity thefy prgram thru the bank and the employees just wanted to sell something different. this got old after a few months and most people were struggling big time to achieve sales.
6. there were clear violations of some people within the quality assurance department that they referred to as verifiers who did a terrible disservice by sending thru bad leads and sales. A friend and I repeatedly told management about this which got very little attention. employees would continually not ask permission to tape the confirmation, would add lip service to the contract, and other things that were clearly illegal.
7. even on one occasion, one of my supervisors told me to try to save the sale but it went too far the customer kept saying no.
8. there was even a promtion for this one catalog i dont recall the name, a freind of mine had to quit the company because it was in coflict with his own conscience. they offered some goofy free airline tickets but you had to stay in a 3 4 5 star resort thios left a bad taste in many customers mouths. this one catalog in my personal opinion was just a scam.
9. the company would conduct feedback evaluations from time to time from their employees but to no real change. usually after the evaluation the management would stand around and laugh at some of the suggestions like the employees did not matter to them.
10. the company especially some of the room managers would enter into oral agreements or contracts saying they would give more money or caertain jobs to people only to back out of them later. I was a victim of this as well as other friends within the company.
ultimatley a decent part time job but no real career oppoortunties will come from this. unless there are new clients, an updated computer software system so you dont keep calling back same names, and defintely new supervisors, this company will be in a downhill spiral. also they need to enforce the do not call list, more accoutability in this specific area.
best of luck to the people who remain there !!