Complaint Review: Diamond Candles

*Consumer Comment: Ditto

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Customer Support Review

*Author of original report: Thanks Andrea

*Author of original report: Update

I purchased two Diamond Candles in the scents Lavender Lemon and Guava Berry. After receiving the candles I immediately lit the first one in hopes of filling my home with a lemony aroma with subtle hints of lavender, as stated in the description on the website. I lit the candle and left the room for about 30 minutes hoping to come back to smell a delightful fragrance. To my dismay, I walked into the living room only to smell a horrendous odor. It wreaked like a cross between burning plastic and citronella. I immediately contacted the company via email. They were fairly quick to reply (about 24 hours) and they stated in the email that they only replace candles that have not been burned. How exactly am I to know that the candle smells bad without burning it first? I am confused as to why they won't replace (I'm not requesting a refund) this awful smelling candle. The ring is intact and it is not what was described on the website. I am very disappointed.

I have been a very loyal customer, purchasing about 8 Diamond Candles in the past two years and referring many friends and family members to them. These candles cost about $25 each plus tax and shipping unless you are lucky enough to find a coupon code. I have never paid less than $20 per candle. At that price there definitely should be some sort of scent guarantee. I acknowledged that the other candle I ordered smelled wonderful and I have never complained about any of the other candle that I have purchased from them. Fortunately for me, I do have other options in the future since there are now many competitors.  If anyone reads this, I would definitely recommend trying a different brand such as Jewelry in Candles or something similar with better customer service.  I am extremely displeased with the customer support and the fact that I cannot speak with an actual person as they only answer questions via email communications. It is clear that they don't care about their customers at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2014 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Candles/internet/Diamond-Candles-candle-stinks-poor-customer-service-Internet-1140294. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Candles

Ditto

AUTHOR: Drugdoc - ()

I also emailed customer service about an issue I had. I too, received a very condescending reply. I am no longer going to spend my money with this company. They apparently don't need my money with that kind of "customer service".

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Customer Support Review

AUTHOR: Andrea - ()

Our sincere apologies for the level of support you received recently while working with Roxy. We are working with our newer agents to ensure that the level of support our customers receive is consistent and exceeds expectations. Your candle should not have a noxious scent to it and should have been immediately replaced.

Your case has been reviewed by one of our senior agents and a gift code for a replacement candle has been sent to you. If you have addiitional concerns regarding your order or the replacement, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can assist you further!

Thanks Andrea

AUTHOR: Jennifer Sandlin - ()

Thank you Andrea for taking over. Customer satisfaction is key for repeat business. I was very fond of this company and never had any issues before this. I'm glad it is resolved now.

Thanks again, I look forward to receiving my new candle.

Update

AUTHOR: Jennifer Sandlin - ()

Update on ORDER# 1428817:

After replying to their automated email response, it seems as if I am now communicating with a real, yet very condescending human being. She sent me this email:

Jennifer,

Our website has a FAQ section available to all of our customers to view before you place an order. It clearly states that we will not replace candles that have been burned. You stated that  you burned the candle for 30 minutes, therefore making this candle unable to be replaced. We are sorry that you do not like the scent of your candle, however, we assure you that we sent a quality candle in the scent you requested, Lavender Lemon.

You can view our FAQ section here: http://help.diamondcandles.com/ for all of our policies on returns.

We are happy we could help you!

Have a SCENTastic Day :)

Roxy

Customer Support Specialst

Diamond Candles

***It also states on their Help section that no two cases are alike. This is not just a case of not liking the scent of a candle, but the fact that they have sent me a candle that smells nothing like it is described on the website and is not a scent but a noxious odor. Note where she states, "We are happy we could help you! Have a SCENTastic day :)" hmmm condescending much??