Complaint Review: Diamond Nexus

• Reported By: Garzinder — Somewhere Ontario
Diamond Nexus
Internet USA

Diamond Nexus Worn out out and ugly Internet

*Author of original report: Thanks but no thanks

*UPDATE Employee: Diamond Nexus responds

I purchased one of this companies "simulant" Diamond rings on 2007 after reading all the information about it on their website. They state they use a special process to creat flawless stones that will last forever. Quote "a Diamond Nexus simulant will cut glass, is incredibly hard, and, like an earth-mined diamond, will last forever."

This is NOT true. The stones in the ring I purchased now look terrible. The center stone is so worn down it looks like a cheap plastic toy diamond that a child had beed wearing for months. It's so obvious, it can be noticed by someone just sitting beside my wife. It doesn't even need a close look. How can a company state so blatantly that it will last forever when it simply does not.

The wearer of this ring does not deal with harsh chemicals or any type of job that would cause abnormal wear on the ring. It's just simply all false advertising. They state they have a lifetime warranty but I'm not interested. I just want others to know that the product is junk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 08:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Nexus/internet/Diamond-Nexus-Worn-out-out-and-ugly-Internet-1133116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Nexus

Thanks but no thanks

AUTHOR: Garzinder - ()

This is in response to Jennifer London's comments "my first inclination after reading your review is that the ring needs a thorough and professional cleaning to remove build up on the stone's surface, as well as possibly a restoration on the metal, especially if you own a white gold ring"

I will address the first comment first. It is not in any way any type of build up on the stone. NO ammount of proffessional cleaning could remove what is not there. My wife actually discovered the nature of the worn out look when she in fact did take it in to get it professionaly cleaned. That company called us appologizing stating that they could not attempt to do the cleaning as the problem was not due to the ring being dirty. It was simply worn down to the point that it was now noticeable to the naked eye. I looked at it myself using the companies strong magnifying lenses and it was VERY obvious even to a non professional like myself. NO build up of dirt, Just wear down of stone.

The second comment is rather redundant as the ring is yellow gold and it appears to still be quite nice. Fate, Karma, Payback, I shouldn't have tried to get away with a simulant stone. I have ordered a new REAL diamond to replace the center stone which should be here and installed within a couple days and as I can afford it I will be replacing the two sided stones also with real diamonds.

I will make a quick mention now that I am writing that one of the side stones also shows some wear

I appreciate the offer of Diamond Nexus looking at the stone and I'm pretty sure that it would be honestly covered under warranty. But as stated earlier. I'm not interested. Damage already done. My only intention here was to inform others. Let anyone read this as a bit of a counter to all that they will read on Diamond Nexus site and make decision accordingly.

Diamond Nexus responds

AUTHOR: Diamond Nexus - ()

My name is Jennifer London and I am the Social Media Coordinator for Diamond Nexus. I want to reach out to you about your Diamond Nexus ring that was purchased in 2007. I want to assure you that we not only value all customers and their business but also truly listen to their reviews and opinions on purchases made.

I will need you to email me at jennifer.london@diamondnexus.com with the original order number and name on the account so that I can look into the order history, but my first inclination after reading your review is that the ring needs a thorough and professional cleaning to remove build up on the stone's surface, as well as possibly a restoration on the metal, especially if you own a white gold ring, as over time all white gold will need to be re-rhodium plated as it wears.

I am happy to help you and want to assure you that our rings are not only made to last but are guaranteed to do so. The fact that your wife is not proud to wear her ring is something that I want to change for you. Let us work with you to restore the ring to the quality it was when you first received it. She deserves to have a beautiful wedding ring on her hand and you both should be able to show off the ring with pride,

Please email me as soon as is convenient for you and I will assist you in getting the ring shipped back for inspection and repair.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely, Jennifer London, Social Media Coordinator, Diamond Nexus.