distinction

• Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Jim — Palmdale California United States of America
Diamond Reports International

Diamond Reports International Time Share Fraud , Internet

I purchased multiple time shares at Poipu in Hawaii.   I enjoyed the resort and Hawaii.  I first purchased the resort when it was run by Embassy Suites.  The management was subsequently managed by Sun Terra then taken over by Diamond Resort International.  Since Diamond Resorts International took over the resorts, what was a nice investment and a fabulous resort has become a money pit and a nightmare.

First as soon as Diamond Resort took over the maintenance fees started to increase exponentially.  The cost of the maintenance feeds soon exceeded the price of a vacation without ownership.  Next DRI decided to refurbish the resort due to alleged water damage and Charged me another $8000.00 on top of the maintenance fees that had more than doubled.

This year they double billed me on the maintenance fees, then in spite of a lawsuit settlement to the contrary, tried to collect the entire $8k this year.  When I did not pay the full amount, per the settlement, they stated my account was in arrears and denied me the right to reserve a vacation.

I have called the company and talked to Yolanda, Eric, Dana Peter, Michael and they all assured me there was an issue on their end and they would correct it but they have not.  They are in direct violation of a law suit settlement and dont seem to care.

I have over $40,000 invested in my timeshare,  Learn from my mistake.  DO NOT buy a timeshare managed by Diamond Resorts International.  This company does not respond to issues, does not follow their own legal agreements and make it extremely difficult to get ahold of a representative.  If you do get a representative they will tell you they understand and promise a quick resolve to get you off the phone but they will not call you back.

Should you wish to get ahold of me to discuss this you can email me at (((REDACTED))) @gmail.com

I am not against time shares, you make that decision, but do not do business with Diamond Resorts International.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 06:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Reports-International/internet/Diamond-Reports-International-Time-Share-Fraud-Internet-1025282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Reports International