Complaint Review: Diamond Resorts International

• Updated: Wed, December 05, 2012

• Reported By: Frequent Traveler — United States of America
Diamond Resorts International
Sedona, Arizona Sedona, Arizona United States of America

Diamond Resorts International Forced to file a Lender Fraud Complaint with AZ Attorney General Sedona, Arizona

I purchased a Diamond Sampler pack, to be paid for in 10 equal payments including P&I. Each payment was automatically deducted from my account. The last payment they did not deduct, but called me to say the needed me to authorize a payment a few dollars above the agreed upon amount. I questioned this, went back to my loan paperwork and tried to discuss it with customer service.

Customer service was never able to explain to  me the source of the extra 'interest', iinstead they screamed at me and threatened me with legal action. I told them I would be happy to pay the amount required in my loan paperwork (and sent a check). I then received 6-8 calls a day, at all hours, requesting my payment. I was forced to file a complaint with the attorney general of Arizona.

After doing this their 'management" called and told me the problem was I owed LESS than my required payment, so they did not process it. But by the time they contacted me I owed interest on my missed payment! However, they would do me the favor of waiving that interest!!! The manager then proceeded to accuse me of being disingenous when I tried to resolve the problem and criticized me for filing a complaint. I'm not sure why he bothered to call, other than to berate me about  a problem they created.

If you ever need to file a complaint against Diamond Resorts International the attorney general has a great website where it can be done online.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Resorts-International/Sedona-Arizona-/Diamond-Resorts-International-Forced-to-file-a-Lender-Fraud-Complaint-with-AZ-Attorney-Ge-978185. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Resorts International