efficient

• Updated: Fri, April 12, 2013

• Reported By: Diamondresortsshafted — Huntington Beach California
Diamond Resorts
10600 W. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada United States of America

Diamond Resorts, Diamond Resorts International, DRI Major Scam! Sales People will say ANYTHING to sell this scam Las Vegas, Nevada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Diamond Resorts high pressure

Diamond Resorts is a nightmare!   I am a Diamond Resorts owner that made my original "point" purchase in Maui.   The sales people are smooth, warm and inviting.   If it feels too good to be true...you're right!

Our first year attempting to book with our home timeshare (Maui) was INSANE!   After much diligence....because I just couldn't accept that I was "had", I eventually got a reservation.   Next attempt to book was similarly terrible, but I hung in there and was able to book something using Interval Int'l exchange point.

Then, the final straw!   While on a trip to Las Vegas staying at the Polo Towers, I agreed to hear an update presentation.   The sales person wanted to know if I had any concerns or complaints....so I "unloaded" with my frustration.   He proceeded to explain, in great detail, how I could eliminate all these problems if I purchased more points and increased to "silver membership".

I was skeptical but he assured me OVER AND OVER that I could use my points to pay the outrageous maintenance fees and that I would have a "special" phone line for booking reservations and receive "priority" service.  So, feeling like I needed to do something to get the most from my already-bad investment....I purchase more points.   I FEEL SO STUPID for buying into the B.S.!     My first time attempting to book after purchasing more points: 1) I CANNONT use points for maintenance fees, had to pay more fees and STILL DO NO HAVE HELP WITH BOOKING.....

STAY AWAY FROM DIAMOND RESORTS.....so wish I had read the complaints before I committed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2013 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Resorts/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89135/Diamond-Resorts-Diamond-Resorts-International-DRI-Major-Scam-Sales-People-will-say-ANY-1042749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Resorts

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Diamond Resorts high pressure

AUTHOR: lolamb - ()

I have been a member at Diamond Resorts (formerly Suntera) since '05.  We have enjoyed our says, for the most part, except for a terribly bad experience in New Hamoshire.  We have a deeded property, but are in the point system. Just to today we attended one of the high pressure up dates!  All I can say is people who try to make additional sells umust spend at least 4 hours a day in being "coached" on there presentations.  Additionally the "clown"  above the presenter must think talking down to intelligent people can gain more sells.  I truly hate people that make an attempt to insult my intelligence!

DRI truly wants you to believe that you are getting a great deal with membership!  I am a work class individual who purchased a timeshare for the benefit and ability to travel to different places at a reasonable cost.  But to buy in at the minimum point

level @ $64k is absolutely absurd!  With virtually no benefits!  I would seriously consider other options for travel at that level.  For $128k benefit level you could by a nice used motor home!