Complaint Review: Diamond Wireless - Verizon retailer

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Mad as Hell — Richmond California United States of America
Diamond Wireless - Verizon retailer
2200 Hilltop Mall Rd Richmond, California United States of America

Diamond Wireless - Verizon retailer Daniel Cooks, Manager DISHONEST REPRESENTATION Richmond, California

Buyers beware! Diamond Wireless stores are NOT real Verizon Stores but a third party selling phones at

higher prices than Verizon. You will not receive honest info about your calling plan because their only mission is to try to sell you a phone....no guarantees, realistic return policies, or support from these high pressure sales people. Shame on Verizon for allowing this to happen.

My Driod phone died. I did an Internet search for the nearest Verizon store. Even the ad did not say it was a Diamond Wireless outlet. Went to the Hilltop Mall. Still did not realize it was a third party because the Verizon logo is splashed everywhere.  They failed to inform me that I was due a brand new phone under my contract and instead sold me a phone. Who on earth would buy a new phone when they have a new one coming to them on their plan???? I should have smelled a rotten fish when the charge card screen did not display the store name, the item being purchased, or the total cost....it was literally blank! Only after I signed did the store manager tell me that the return policy was a complete rip-off.

I visited a real Verizon store a few days later and discovered that I could have gotten a free phone from them. The store manager of the Verizon store told me that a lot of people get tricked by these third party outlets. I returned the phone a few days later to the Diamond Wireless Outlet and received a $12 credit on $189.

Mad as Hell, Richmond, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-Wireless-Verizon-retailer/Richmond-California-94806/Diamond-Wireless-Verizon-retailer-Daniel-Cooks-Manager-DISHONEST-REPRESENTATION-Richmon-946710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond Wireless - Verizon retailer