Complaint Review: Diamond and Jewelry Gallery

• Updated: Wed, January 04, 2012

• Reported By: JBF — Calabasas California United States of America
Diamond and Jewelry Gallery
12455 Ventura Blvd Studio City, California United States of America

Diamond and Jewelry Gallery Fraudulent Misrepresentation of Diamond Quality Studio City, California

*Consumer Comment: I agree this company is a ripoff!

*Consumer Comment: Won't Happen

*Author of original report: 2nd REMOVAL OF REPORT REQUEST

*Consumer Comment: Removal of post

*Author of original report: Removal oF Report

I came into the store on several occasions looking for a loose diamond stone for an engagement ring. When I finally settled on a stone, I put my trust in the owner John. I asked him about a certificate for the stone, and he told me not to worry, that they are GIA diamond graders. The stone was an I near colorless and SI1 clarity  of 1.54 carats for $5800. I received a certificate of appraisal in the mail that was signed by a "GIA diamond grader".  2 weeks ago, I went to have the ring insured, and when the diamond was looked at, I was told that it was of so substantially less quality that it was worth less than $2500 if I was to sell the diamond.  I was told that the color was of M quality and clarity was lower as well. I took this information to John at Diamond Gallery, and when he looked at the stone, he told me that it was of the right quality, and that a jeweler would say anything, so he wanted to see it in writing. He stood behind the diamond 100%. I then paid over $190 to have EGL certify the diamond(I was originally going to use GIA because of the high regard for the appraisals but the turnaround time was weeks) The certification came back L color which is yellow and SI3 clarity which is only one grade below visible flaws to the naked eye. I then took the diamond and certification to John. His first reaction was an accusation that I or another jeweler had switched diamonds, but when I pressed him on his accusation he backed off. He refuses to issue a refund and seems defiant about his busines practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2009 03:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamond-and-Jewelry-Gallery/Studio-City-California-91604/Diamond-and-Jewelry-Gallery-Fraudulent-Misrepresentation-of-Diamond-Quality-Studio-City-542554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamond and Jewelry Gallery

I agree this company is a ripoff!

AUTHOR: HollyV - (United States of America)

I had a similar situation! This company tried to sell me a diamond that was NOT what they said it was. You could tell because it was yellow and I have never seen a D colored diamond be yellow. Have you tried to send them a 10 day demand for payment letter? My finace did that and after a year of their B***S**T we got our money back. I highly suggest you don't let them rip you off. If they refuse to send you your money back in full (they tried to keep $500 saying it was "restocking" fee) within 10 days then take them to small claims court for double or even triple what you paid. This place has so many negative reviews on every website you can think of. I doubt a judge would let them get off scott free. They owe you buddy! Don't let them steal your money! We all know what crooks they are and they need a message that says, "We are done letting you get away with it!" Good luck! :)

Won't Happen

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

As said before, Rip Off does NOT remove posts.  Thats why you have to be very sure of what you are saying.  Better find another route to make it right.

2nd REMOVAL OF REPORT REQUEST

AUTHOR: JBF - (United States of America)

The update is that there has been a second request to remove the report.

Removal of post

AUTHOR: Christiana - (U.S.A.)

Its not going to happen.  You need to be very careful these days what you say about people/businesses online as it can come back and bite you.  Rip-Off Report states they do not delete posts so you are out of luck there, for sure.  Sounds to me like you have really PO'd the jeweler.  Good luck!!

Removal oF Report

AUTHOR: JBF - (United States of America)

I have submitted a request to have this report removed the website.