Complaint Review: Diamonds International

• Updated: Sun, September 30, 2012

• Reported By: mgmdfw — Flower Mound Texas United States of America
Diamonds International
38 West 48th St, 7th Floor New York, New York United States of America

Diamonds International Almod Diamonds, LTD Dishonesty & Fraud New York, New York

I was accosted in the Diamonds International Store in Grand Cayman. I repeatedly told them I was only looking around but I could not get them to leave me alone. I eventually had them show me a tanzanite ring that was supposedly worth over $2000. I told the salesperson I could only afford $500. She then told me she had "...just the ring for you.". She showed me a ring that she said was $500. I told her I really did not want to spend any money on a ring but she kept telling me "Just try it on". I told her I would think about it and tried to leave the store. She followed me out into the street so I told her if the ring was there when I got back from my tour I would buy it. Now the ring she had shown me before was 14k white gold. I was met on the street by the salesperson when the tour bus arrived back at the pier. She now had gotten her "manager" to agree to sell it to me for $400. I kept repeating all of my problems with this sale: Ring was too big, I wanted to have a cerification, etc. I was assured I could have it sized anywhere I wanted. Well, after I got home and pulled out the ring I saw she had switched the original ring I looked and sold me a ring that was similar but the ring I wound up with is sterling silver with man-made tanzanites.

I have a "certificate of authenticity" for fake tanzanites and diamonds. Rings is appraised for between $75-100. According to my receipt, I have 30 days to return this ring but when I called to get information on a return, I was told I "... do not qualify for a return.". What does this mean? I have a fake ring with a certificate of authenticity, I am the victim of fraud and I don't qualify for a return???? The way I have been treated by this company has seriously affected my health. I need someone to tell me how this company can get away with this type of fraud and not have to pay for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamonds-International/New-York-New-York-10036/Diamonds-International-Almod-Diamonds-LTD-Dishonesty-Fraud-New-York-New-York-948728. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamonds International