Complaint Review: Diamonds International

• Updated: Tue, October 08, 2013

• Reported By: Walter — Ooltewah Tennessee
Diamonds International
38W 40th St New York, New York USA

Diamonds International, anatl@shopdi.com DI will not negotiate in good faith on a diamond exchange that they advertise New York New York

*Author of original report: Diamonds International

While on a Caribbean cruise with Princess Cruise Lines my wife and I shopped at a Diamonds International store in St Thomas.  We purchased a set of diamonds to use as ear rings but after looking at them decided that the color was too yellow to use with white gold studs.

Diamonds International has an exchange policy that allows you to make an exchange within 30 days of the purchase.  I iniated that process The next day thru Princess's Marty Frost.  He put me in contact with On Board Media's Nadine Winters who contacted Diamonds International's New Yourk Reprsentative, Anat.

Since February I have been going back and forth with Anat trying to make a satisfactory exchange but she will not negoiate in good faith with me.  We Paid $33,500 for the diamonds but all she will propose are diamonds in the $25,000 per set range.

Anat claims the diamonds she proposes are equal in value to mine but I know they are not.  She claimed that she was quoting diamonds from DI's inventory but for one pair she sent EGL Cedrtificates for them and I Googled them and found they were in the inventory of an on line store and were on sale for $22,794.

I admit to paying too much for the diamonds and would accept an exchange valued at $28,000 but I cannot get Anat to offer that.

Walter, Ooltewah, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diamonds-International/New-York-New-York-10036/Diamonds-International-anatlshopdicom-DI-will-not-negotiate-in-good-faith-on-a-diamond-1065276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diamonds International

Diamonds International

AUTHOR: wcoh9225 - ()

Aftter several months of comunication, Diamonds International and I have reached a satisfactory settlement on the diamond exchange I had written about earlier.

Anat, the DI representative, was respectful and accommodating thru out the process and it was thru her persistance that we reached a satisfactory settlement.