Complaint Review: Dicks Sporting Goods

• Updated: Sun, October 20, 2013

• Reported By: Don — Altoona Pennsylvania
Dicks Sporting Goods
Altoona, Pennsylvania USA

Dicks Sporting Goods Product came in a package, refused to give me all the items that were included in the package Altoona Pennsylvania

Wanted to buy a $549.00 Excalibur Crossbow Package. This crossbow comes in a package but they didn't have everything included in the package, all I asked for was the string to pull the bow back and a simple literature package with an owners manual, so after spending 1/2 hour in the back room the salesman came out with a piece of used rope that wasn't the correct one thats supposed to come with the bow and he said there was no literature with it. i said its not unreasonable to ask for that since it was included with the package when I am spending that much money for that bow. His responce was "Do I want to talk to the manager" I told him I will do one better! I will walk out and not buy that bow PLUS all my other $200 extra purchaces.  But the sad part is that salesman didn't care, he said that happens all the time.

Also I know better NOT to talk to the manager cause I know exactly what the manager will say, a blind man knows any manager of any retail business could care less about the customer. Then these same retail stores wonder why everybody buys online, its a wonder how these retail stores pay that $30K a month lease on their store location when they treat a customer like crap that wants to spend on big purchace amounts. I guess they survive on selling $9.99 tee shirts. I am picky who I hand over my hard earned money too and a trust my gut feelings and I can "feel" when the salesman is being dishonest.  Sure!!!  I know that salesman will blame me and say that customer was a jerk, but I kinda feel good he didn't get my money!

I will buy one online at a better price with free shipping that will come in a sealed box that i know was new and untouched, BUT NOT FROM DICKS SPORTING GOODS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2013 10:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dicks-Sporting-Goods/Altoona-Pennsylvania-16601/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Product-came-in-a-package-refused-to-give-me-all-the-items-that-wer-1093250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dicks Sporting Goods