criticism

• Updated: Mon, September 28, 2009

• Reported By: rob — Garner North Carolina USA
Dicks Sporting Goods
www.dickssportinggoods.com Internet, Pennsylvania United States of America

Dicks Sporting Goods Bought a nike driver from dicks they would not replace driver even though it was purchased within 90 days of defect. Corporate Dick cust.service could care less about my issue and was also very smug. Internet, Pennsylvania

I bought a Nike Sumo2 driver from Dicks Sporting Goods in Garner, NC. It has formed a small crack in one of the creases of the driver head. Driver cracked from normal use. Store said they could take the driver back and send it off to the manufacturer and they might would replace or repair it at their discretion. That is not acceptable. First I dont have a spare driver to hit for the month or so that it will take to get one back. The driver was purchased within their 90 day return policy. I could understand a little bit more if it had been 9 or 10 months. This is terrible service and will not buy another thing from them. I can buy it online for less from an online retailer and get the same exact service as this which is what I will do for now on. I like buying in stores for the simple reason of the ease of exchanging or returning the product.

Also I called the corporate customer service line which had been given to me by the store associate in Garner because they said thats all they could do to help me. When the corporate cust. service rep finally answered the phone, I told him the situation and he asked me to hold on and then transferred me back to the Garner, NC store. WOW great service. I called corporate customer service back he said all he could do is transferr me back to the store of purchase. Why do you have a corporate customer service phone number? I told him that is not acceptable and that I would not be doing business with them anymore. He repiled with an exaggerated careless monotone "OK". I repied back with a sarcastic "I appreciate your concern about this matter." remark and then I received the same "OK" reply. UNBELEIVABLE! Where has fair customer service gone.

Dicks suck will never buy another thing their.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2009 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dicks-Sporting-Goods/Internet-Pennsylvania-27883/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Bought-a-nike-driver-from-dicks-they-would-not-replace-driver-even-t-501247. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dicks Sporting Goods