Complaint Review: Dicks Sporting Goods

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, January 10, 2009

• Reported By:Dillsburg Pennsylvania
Dicks Sporting Goods
5950 Carlisle Pike, Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Dicks Sporting Goods Would not respond to store purchase problem or help resolving Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Return Policy

I bought a pair of rollerblades for my daughter for Chritmas. Several months later the strap broke makeing them useless. I went back to Dicks and asked them for a replacement. I was flat out told there is nothing they can do and I should deal with the manufacturer. I went home and told my husband who went online and contacted corp to see if they could help. Corp responded by sending an email that they would get back to me in no more than 48 hours. They did not, so I emailed again and got the same reply. I has been over a week and I understand now that Dicks does not want to help me.

I find it hard to understand in these economic times why Dicks would rather lose a customer and risk word of mouth like this site on the internet, my church, friends, co workers, etc. rather than take care of a customer over $150.00. There is lots of competition out there that would love my money and would give good customer service.

Dicks, I will replace my daughters rollerblades and spread the word of your lack of caring.

ned
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dicks-Sporting-Goods/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-17019/Dicks-Sporting-Goods-Would-not-respond-to-store-purchase-problem-or-help-resolving-Mechani-356835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dicks Sporting Goods

Return Policy

AUTHOR: Cuppy - (U.S.A.)

I work for Dicks Sporting Goods. We have a very high reputation just as Publix does by accepting returns and allowing most things to happen.

You stated you went to return the item several months later. Im not sure if you are aware, or maybe you are now, but we have a strict 90 day return policy. Most Rollerblades sold in our store are eligible for a 1-yr replacement/warranty play with No Sweat Warranty. Had you purchased one, they would have been replaced but not by the store past 90 days.

Every store must set policies to keep the business going. Im sorry you feel that we pushed you away, but Im sorry that you cant realize that if we accepted everything back that came in the store, there would be no DSGs.

On a side note, if the manufacture did not state on the box there was any type of warranty through them, they possibly will not replace.