Complaint Review: Dickson City Hyundai

• Submitted: Wed, September 15, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, July 28, 2009

• Reported By:Scranton Pennsylvania
Dickson City Hyundai
1519 Scranton-Carbondale Highway Scranton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Dickson City Hyundai scamming your credit information Scranton Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Hah

*Consumer Comment: Tried to Rip Me Off

*Consumer Suggestion: Getting the facts out. This dealership is known in the trade as a ripoff place.

This dealership has terrible employees who don't know what they are doing. My family and I went to purchase a car and although we were approved immediately, the dealer continued to apply to over 20 institutions for loans. He gave us a lot of misinformation all the while they released a car to us, which we finally returned because we got tired of their shenanigans. When we pointed out their errors, they became rude and nasty. Don't ever, ever, ever, ever, go here again. We are sending out messages trying to let everyone know. Spread the word about this place.

Myriam
Scranton, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2004 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dickson-City-Hyundai/Scranton-Pennsylvania-18505/Dickson-City-Hyundai-scamming-your-credit-information-Scranton-Pennsylvania-108554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dickson City Hyundai

Hah

AUTHOR: Hippie - (U.S.A.)

I bought a new Santa Fe from DC Hyundai three years ago. My father cosigned my loan. Just recently, my father lost his job and became worried about the loan. To ease his mind, I decided to go down to the dealership and either try to refinance or maybe get a good deal on a new car (since I got a card from them in the mail as a 'Valued Customer").

I was told that my credit was terrible, that they could not refinance. I've been working on my credit, and I've also been paying on my car on time for the past three years...wth? So I said, "Ok, I understand. It was worth a shot" and got up to leave. Then another sales man came over to me and told me to hang on, they could make a deal with me after all. He said I could trade in my Santa Fe...and they'd sell me a new car IF, and only if, my father (who's my cosigner) also agreed to buy a new car on the same trade in. I was flabbergasted. I was like, "Um, no thanks," and walked out the door laughing hysterically. What the hell are they trying to pull? lol

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Went to Dickson City Hyundai today to look at a 2005 Elantra Sedan. I saw an add that a nearby Hyundai dealer had on the Hyundai Elantra and they were offering a $1,000 factory rebate. When we started talking price at Dickson City they were giving noyhing off on the 2005's telling me there was no rebate available. When I mentioned that MotorWorld was giving a $1,000 factory rebate I was told that was "some kind of gimmik" They also denied they received any dealer holdback on their cars. Walked out, went home to my computer and checked Hyundai's website and sure enough there WAS a $1,000 FACTORY rebate on the 2005 Elantra. This dealership is as crooked as they come. Save yourself and go some other place.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Getting the facts out. This dealership is known in the trade as a ripoff place.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Marilyn: Be happy you got out while you could. This dealership is known in the trade as a ripoff place. They want your owners card or keys when you walk on the lot so they can work you till you drop and scattershot you credit all over the place looking for the loan they can make the most profit on by raising the rates and keeping the difference for themselves. If you want a Hyundai go to Motorworl and be treated fairly. I bought mine ther after going to Dickson City only blocks from my house. I got a better price and respect from the dealership.