Complaint Review: Dickson City Hyundai

• Submitted: Tue, May 01, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2007

• Reported By:Jermyn Pennsylvania
Dickson City Hyundai
1519 Scranton Carbondale Highway Scranton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Dickson City Hyundai Buyer BEWARE! ripoff Scranton Pennsylvania

There was a radio ad for Dickson City Hyundai stating that they will buyout any loan--"good credit, bad credit, no credit". Unfortunately, I had bad credit. I had a leased 2003 car and wanted to trade it in for a loan so that I was paying on something that belonged to me.

The first day myself and my boyfriend walked into the dealership, a girl assisted me, wrote up all the details and the car I was interested in and told us to walk around and someone would be back with us. We waited 45 minutes and went back only to be told that we had to wait for the finance manager.

We were back there every day of the next week, being bounced around, ignored, left to wait for hours. I guess we should have known better by this treatment, but, we kept going back.

Finally, we got a finance manager to speak to us, and I was told that I didn't make enough money, which wasn't true, however I offered to have my boyfriend co sign, and then they decided to let us get a loan. They asked me what car I was interested in, and I picked the exact car off the lot that I was leasing and asked a round about price.

Once I showed interest in one car, they refused to show me anything else. Going back and forth trying to get me to buy the car I asked about. Finally, after my boyfriend and I deciding that the price was too high, they brought me out an older, scratched, tin can of a car to look at. I agreed to buy it.

When I got to the table, we were back on the first car. We agreed to the car and we were whisked outside and told to take it home. Come back tomorrow, we were told. When we got there, the monthly payment was ridiculous. I said no. We went home and after a few days, called to see if we could look at something cheaper. We got a call back telling us that they got us a lower payment. When we arrived to sign, I was informed that the lower payment would only hold if my boyfriend was the primary signer. I refused. I went home and was called and told they would do it with my name as the primary, his as the cosigner. When I got my first bill in the mail, HIS name is the only one on the bill! UNBELIEVABLE!

I was told that anytime I brought my car in for service, I would be given a loaner car. When I called to schedule an appointment for service, and asked about a loaner, they said, "No. Sorry. we can't give you a loaner!" I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

This is no way to do business. I was very disappointed and now, I have to try to refinance this loan through a bank to get it into my name! Don't buy from these people. I didn't buy a hyundai, so I don't know if they are reliable cars, but, the people who operate this business should be exposed!

Diane
Jermyn, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2007 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dickson-City-Hyundai/Scranton-Pennsylvania/Dickson-City-Hyundai-Buyer-BEWARE-ripoff-Scranton-Pennsylvania-246329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dickson City Hyundai