Complaint Review: Dictionary.com

• Reported By:Newberg Oregon
Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com Internet U.S.A.

Dictionary.com Lies, false advertising, misrepresentation Internet

*Author of original report: Clarification, changing my claim to a possibility.

I use www.dictionary.com frequently. They are now offering a new service which is an addon to the older version. This is only partially true.

Before the new service was offered they website offered a verbal pronunciation for the words you looked up, now when you click on the pronunciate key it asks you to sign in as a premium member. When you go to thier FAQ's page it states "Everything that was previously free is still free." I dont think so.

David
Newberg, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2003 06:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dictionarycom/internet/Dictionarycom-Lies-false-advertising-misrepresentation-Internet-70539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dictionary.com

Clarification, changing my claim to a possibility.

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

I have no evidence of my claim, so take this as my word. I have used this program before, but since I have no proof I am changing my claim to a possibility.