Complaint Review: Diesel Cruz

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Elbert — Philippines Internet Philippines
Diesel Cruz

Diesel Cruz asked me to build a website, went into hiding and never paid. Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: DIESEL CRUZ rejected the project as per terms of the oDesk.com agreement

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Elbert did not complete job on time or correctly.

*Author of original report: Additional details

I have accepted a job from Diesel Cruz on oDesk.com where I was contracted to build him a two-language website for his client. In good faith, work started without any downpayment and went smoothly. When the site was almost done, I asked for a downpayment and never heard back.

Diesel Cruz got his account on oDesk.com suspended for some unknown reason. Typically accounts get suspended on oDesk when there are problems with payment, so I assumed that to be the case with him.

He reactivated his account and I never heard back, until today, when he cancelled the job, and is now blaming me for misrepresenting my skills. How can that be possible when the site he asked for was almost done, and he made a disappearing act when I asked for payment.

Beware when dealing with this guy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 04:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Diesel-Cruz/internet/Diesel-Cruz-asked-me-to-build-a-website-went-into-hiding-and-never-paid-Internet-1006526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Diesel Cruz

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

DIESEL CRUZ rejected the project as per terms of the oDesk.com agreement

This supplier did not provide work as specified. The provider was asked to provide a fully customised WP installation. Instead, the supplier from oDesk.com, simply made minor modifications to an existing Wordpress theme. The job was not completed as required and as per the agreement on oDesk.com I had the right to reject the project without obligation.

The terms of oDesk.com state that with one-off payment projects the client does not have to pay or accept work if not satisfied. It is therefore, impossible to call this a ripp-off. I did not receive the project as I was not satisfied and I did not pay for the project because I was not satisfied. Under the terms of the agreement on oDesk.com, it is my right to refuse and not pay.

This claim is slanderous and this website acting illegally by allowing this statement on this site. This site is promoting that I ripped off this person when I acted inside the agreement we entered through oDesk.com.

My account was not suspended on oDesk.com. Because of so many bad experiences through poor work, I terminated my payment method and discontinued my account. Removing a payment method temporarily suspends an account.

I have never used oDesk since. The poor quality work by the majority of third-world suppliers is substandard and the waste of time is costly. oDesk.com has been deserted by reputable professionals outside a few countries.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Elbert did not complete job on time or correctly.

This claim is made by a contractor who agreed to be paid on completion of the project. Elbert mislead me, he was not doing the job himself. There were a number of specifications to the website he continued not to deliver.

When I asked the same questions numerous times, he could not answer as it was not him doing the job. I was very positive at the beginning as I did not know much about website design. It did not take me long to realise I was just getting a slightly modified version of the free WordPress Template that comes with any installation of WordPress.

1. He was not providing a custom template - he was ripping off WP template and selling it to me as his own work.
2. We scheduled 10 days and the project was still not complete after 30 days, and I paid project fines to my client of $500 caused by the delay.
3. The project was never completed as I requested - having a second side of the site read for another language to be added - he kept on using a translation plugin despite me asking that not to be the case over 10 times.
4. The project was not completed, and was not completed in time.
5. Elbert h*o was regularly unavailable to fix the problems.

I constantly sent Elbert Lo positive emails in the hope he would fix the project, but all that seemed to do was fuel his ego.

As per the agreement on oDesk I am within my full rights not to pay or deal with him. My account was receiving spam messages and was suspended until oDesk could find the source - someone else's Facebook had penetrated my email address with malicious code. Once that person was notified, they cleaned up their Facebook and it stopped.

Elbert Lo cost me over $500, delayed my project and I found another company to build a real website for WordPress. I suggest to all oDesk users to ensure they are not just buying a slightly modified version of a free template when they are being sold by a contractor.

Finally, as per the agreement terms of oDesk, I am fully in my right to terminate the agreement, and I did not receive anything. So this complaint is pure slander and I will be taking legal action immediately against Elbert Lo.

Elbert Lo Project Coordinator, Manager, Consultant and IT Professional????
email: elbertlo@freelanceu.net

Additional details

AUTHOR: Elbert - (Philippines)

Diesel Cruz is an Australian that is based in Colombia, Latin America, and not the USA.