rank

• Submitted: Mon, February 06, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 06, 2012

• Reported By: Mario — Orlando Florida United States of America
DietPatch
40 North Central Ave Ste 1400 Phoenix Arizona 85004 Internet United States of America

DietPatch DietPatchToday Product is promoted in literature & website for weight loss but state with actual product "...cannot guaranee beyond that of a placebo patch. Internet

I had read theliterature of other Patch providers who allowed 30 days trial period and the one month supply  patch cost was $16.95 or less depending on the type.

DietPatchToday offered a 14 days trial period which starts when the order is placed.  I ordered on December 28 th and I noticed a charge for $89.97 on January 11 at which pont I called the company regarding the charge and was told that the charge was correct and if I tried to reverse or chargeback the charges they would take me to court.

The company claims that reversal/chargebacks are handled as potential cases of fraudulent use of product.  Indicating the possibility of mail fraud as a Federal Crime.  I thought long and hard in choosing my course of action and decided to cancel my old card and get a new number from my credit Union and proceeded to challenge the charge, which my Credit Union has reversed as of February 6, 2012. [continued below]....
.....

I do expect that the company will take me to court, the applicable law is based in Arizona, which may require an attorney in Pheonix AZ.  Well, I am only trying to get rid of a bad apple in the barrel who has been scamming unsuspecting consumers and threatening them when they complain.  It would be cheaper and easier to just write off the $89.97 as a "Dumb Tax", but the unscrupulous company will continue to scam others.

I believe that we have an obligation to our brothers and sisters in this world to expose greedy and unprincipled business people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2012 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DietPatch/internet/DietPatch-DietPatchToday-Product-is-promoted-in-literature-website-for-weight-loss-but-835032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DietPatch