Complaint Review: Difeo Nissan

• Submitted: Tue, June 22, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 22, 2004

• Reported By:jersey New Jersey
Difeo Nissan
599 Route 440S. Jersey City, New Jersey U.S.A.

Difeo Nissan Ripoff False Advertisement And Nasty Behavior Jersey City New Jersey

I went to nissan on 6-22-04 at 6:35pm after recieving a letter in the mail stating that I were pre-approved for a $1500 us capital mastercard. And also pre-approved for up to $29500 toward a vehicle from nissan. I have history with these people purchasing my present vehicle.

A 1998 dodge caravan 3 years ago from them. Not being pleased with that purchase either. Which is a different story that I would not get into right now. Speaking to a sales person by the name of john I beleave? Telling him up front that I am not really eager to buy as was before. I don't have a down payment. only a trade. and I don't want to accept their mastercard. Stressing that if that was a problem, I wouldn't waste his time or mine. also asking him if a deal wasn't made. I would like a copy of my credit report. And all documents back.

Told that wouldn't be a problem. soon after we had my car apraised, things got ugly. They offered me $500 dollars for my car with about 89000 miles on it. Refusing there offer, I asked for my reports and other copies. He then told me he had to clear it with the manager before he released them to me. And to see if he could do better on the trade in.(Here come the part that upset me!) I watched the salesperson walk into the managers office. And threw the glass I seen hand gesgers, and I could read his lips. Telling the salesman to tell me to get the hell out of there! And no he would't give me a copy of the report.

Soon after tricking the salesman to give up the report. I proceeded to the manager's office. to let him know that I took the report from the gentleman, It wasn't his fault. And to take me off their mailing list, because i didn't want to recieve anything esle from nissan. Soon I had the manager screaming at me, and surrounded by salesman telling me it was against the law for me to walk out with my own credit report. They demanded that I rip it up before they called security and the police. Please someone tell me about this law, I never heard of it. Besides when I purchased the caravan from them I recieved a copy. I may still have it. Now we get to the harrassment part of this story. As I left the building the person who took care of me followed and pleaded with me to return the reports. He then blocked my car vowing that he would not let me leave.

After 15 minutes and backing up slowly he finally gave up with no incident and moved. I almost give him the reports, because I started to feel a litte bad for the guy. I believe he may have been new at this dealer. Oh well, any help welcome.

Dennis
jersey, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2004 08:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Difeo-Nissan/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07305/Difeo-Nissan-Ripoff-False-Advertisement-And-Nasty-Behavior-Jersey-City-New-Jersey-96002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Difeo Nissan