Complaint Review: DigiExpress

• Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By: Joe — Alburgh Vermont United States of America
DigiExpress
555 Pittsburg Mills Circle Tarentum, Pennsylvania United States of America

DigiExpress Failed to repair ipad, further damaged it, lied about what they did Tarentum, Pennsylvania

My ipad2 was briefly immersed in water and of course was nonfunctional. After several weeks of drying in a sealed bag with rice, I plugged it in and the opening screen came on, it showed the correct date and time, it located and connected to 3G and WiFi, and the battery charged. However, the touch screen was not working. I sent it to DigiExpress and was notified a week later that it was being returned unrepaired (I was of course charged for the evaluation). I called, and they said there was too much "internal corrosion". Several months after the return, I plugged it in and saw nothing on the screen - it was less functional then when I sent it in. So I removed the touch screen and found that the cable to the touch screen had been severed. Then I saw that the LCD screen had been replaced without the retaining screws and was not even plugged into the main board. After removing the LCD screen, I looked for the other end of the digitizer cable, and it was not present. Bottom line is that they severed the cable when they opened the iPad, then threw it back together and told me it was unrepairable. I plugged the LCD screen back in, and it worked just as when I sent it in - no touch screen (obviousy), but normal opening screen, connection to 3G and WiFi, battery charged etc. I called and explained the situation and was told that they would call back once they checked with the manager. When they called back, they basically told me that I must have broken it when I opened it. Don't waste your money with these guys.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DigiExpress/Tarentum-Pennsylvania-15084/DigiExpress-Failed-to-repair-ipad-further-damaged-it-lied-about-what-they-did-Tarentum-966545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DigiExpress