Complaint Review: DigiExpress

• Submitted: Fri, July 01, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, July 02, 2011

• Reported By: Scott — canton Georgia United States of America
122 Kerr Rd New Kensington,PA 15068 Internet United States of America

DigiExpress Dan talked me into a system connector repair and after that I have a useless iphone because it does not connect to my computer. an unrecognized USB device and destroyed my iphone 2g , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Try this to see if it helps you at all

I submitted a iPhone 2g June 2,2011  for repair of home button. The phone worked fine, activated through iTunes 5/27 and connected to computer and iTunes fine. Dan called me and recommended that I also get the system connector replaced when I replace the home button. Sure, I approved on expert advise. Dan called me about 10 days later saying the screen now flickers when powering ON then it goes away. That sometimes happen when you open the original iPhones he claimed. Home button now worked. When item was received the screen had multi-colored layers that flickered and disappeared. Seemed to work fine until I connected it to my computer. It did not recognize the iPhone. Tried 5 other computers with same results. I have an unrecognized USB device and cannot access iTunes. The system connector they replaced does not connect to my system. Should of just replaced the home button like I wanted. The phone was returned to DigiExpress and they could not resolve the issue only to say that it was an underlying system issue that is probably the mainboard and it is not our fault. They shipped it back to me before even calling me to tell me they could not fix it. I called them to see what happened and went off on Mike. "it's an underlying problem that we did not initially see" he said.  That's because it wasn't there for you to see !!  When you replaced the system connect i can't connet to any of my systems !!  Now I have a iPhone that cannot connect to any computer or iTunes so now it is just a piece of junk !   I asked for refund of repair and have not heard back from them. My attorney says I am screwed since I would have to go to PA to file a small claims suit. Not worth it and DigiExpress knows it. It would be nice if they could admit wrong doing and reimburse me for $150 to buy another used iPhone 2g on Ebay !  Better wake up from my dream..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DigiExpress/internet/DigiExpress-Dan-talked-me-into-a-system-connector-repair-and-after-that-I-have-a-useless-i-748033. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DigiExpress

Try this to see if it helps you at all

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

I did a google search on your error and found this info for you. See if it helps out if not you can do a Google search on your info and see if it helps:

All iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models require a USB 2.0 connection. Check Apple System Profiler or Windows Device Manager to see if a high-speed USB 2.0 connection is available on your computer.
Once you determine that your computer has a USB 2.0 connection, use the following steps to troubleshoot the connection between the device and the computer. Test after each step:
Plug the device directly into a high-power USB 2.0 port on the computer. If possible, use a USB port on the back of the computer.
Avoid plugging the device into a keyboard, display, or standalone hub. The USB ports on these accessories may be low-power or only offer USB 1.x connections.
If you are using an accessory, remove the device from the dock and connect it to the computer using only the Apple USB to Dock Connector cable.
If you have access to additional Apple USB to Dock Connector cables, try testing with another if the first one doesn't work.
Restart your computer and device. To restart your device:
Hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears. Slide to power off your device. When it is off, press the Sleep/Wake button to turn it back on.
Disconnect all USB devices from your computer, except for your keyboard and mouse, but including the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then reconnect the device. If the issue is resolved, reconnect other USB devices, testing after each connection.
If the issue persists and you are using a Mac, try resetting the USB connection.
Another article describes what to do if you are using Windows and see an unknown error containing '0xE' when connecting your device.
If the issue persists and you are using virtualization software to run another operating system alongside Mac OS X, quit that software; it may create virtual USB ports that may be causing the issue. Or you can try to control or restrict access to USB ports while running the virtualization software.
Important: Information about products not manufactured by Apple is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute Apples recommendation or endorsement. Please contact the vendor for additional information.