Complaint Review: DigiMedia Technology, And Overstock.com, USA

• Updated: Tue, February 07, 2006

• Reported By:Clarksville Tennessee
DigiMedia Technology, And Overstock.com, USA
DigiMedia, Sanchung City, Taipei, Taiwan Sanchung City, Taipei, Other Taiwan

DigiMedia Technology, And Overstock.com, USA DigiMedia Technology, will not respond to requests for technical assistance or parts acquisition; Overstock.com, sold the tv made by DigiMedia and will not supply info on parts/service Sanchung City, Taipei, Taiwan Overstock.com is web-based only from Salt Lake City, Utah

In August 2003 I purchased a 20" LCD tv from Overstock.com, an online only company based in Salt Lake city, Utah. The brand of the tv is "Mashida." It came with a 90 day warranty. I paid $889.00 for it.

Over a year later the tv failed without warning. I took it to a local repair shop where the problem was diagnosed as a bad tuner and power board, probably caused by a "brownout" or other power failure or surge. They could not say for sure, of course, that that was the cause, and I had not witnessed any power surges. The tv had worked perfectly the day before and the next morning would not power up at all.

Since the tv had worked well for more than a year, my complaint was not about its quality. The problem was that the repair shop nor I could get the parts to repair the tv.

My complaint is that after contacting Overstock.com, the retailer, numerous times by email (their tech assistance, which basically consists of someone quoting the user's manual) and telephone, I was told that they (Overstock.com) could not find any parts. I could not understand this since they had acquired the tv's from someone (in fact, they advertised that this tv/brand was made specially for Overstock.com) and all I wanted was someone to contact about parts.

After many searches for "Mashida" brand tv's, I finally found a website for DigiMedia Technology based in Taiwan who apparently manufactured my tv. I have contacted them repeatedly by email asking about how to acquire parts, with no response ever.

I am stuck with a nice tv that is useless and out almost $900, since it was no longer under warranty from Overstock.com, the manufacturer or from my credit card company. My homeowners policy deductible prevented me from recouping anything from that source.

My "ripoff" is from both Overstock.com for selling a tv (very soon after I started contacting them about this, they stopped carrying the "Mashida" brand!)for which they can provide no parts or service and no information about the manufacturer - and from DigiMedia Technology for never responding to my requests for parts or information as to how to repair the tv.

Dorothy
Clarksville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2006 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DigiMedia-Technology-And-Overstockcom-USA/Sanchung-City-Taipei-Other/DigiMedia-Technology-And-Overstockcom-USA-DigiMedia-Technology-will-not-respond-to-req-175155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DigiMedia Technology, And Overstock.com, USA