Complaint Review: Digital Audio 2000, Dogg Digital Audio

Lafayette, Louisiana U.S.A.
  • Phone: (714) 978 0211
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Digital Audio 2000 street scam in Lafayette, La from 3 guys in a white van *REBUTTAL *EDitor's Comment

*Consumer Comment: RIP OFF

*0: They are free to us on consignment *EDitor's Comments on this scam and this REBUTTAL ..you're worse than a used car salesman..

3 guys pull up in a white van and say ask if you want some speakers for free. When you stop to see what they have they say that they order 4 speakers and recieved 4 pair so they have 4 extra.

They say they are on thier way to a lawyer's house to go install them. The speakers have a high list price on the box and they also have reciepts from a store in baton rouge and a magazine with the equiptment in it at the price.

They tell you they will give you a really good deal when in fact they are ripping you off, i want my money back. These guys are good i still dont know how they persuaded me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Audio-2000-Dogg-Digital-Audio/Lafayette-Louisiana/Digital-Audio-2000-street-scam-in-Lafayette-La-from-3-guys-in-a-white-van-REBUTTAL-EDit-6113. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Audio 2000, Dogg Digital Audio

RIP OFF

AUTHOR: Ed - ()

I am from San Diego, Ca and I too was taken by these crooks! I can't believe that I feel for it, but I did and I want the rest of the country to know that they are still out there and working smartly.

They stopped me at a large parking lot and asked if I wanted to purchase a surround system for my house, which I actully was just looking for a set, I looked at it and it seemed like a win-win situation. I have them $300 not knowing that I could have gotten it for #200.

I am going to have it put on the local news in our area and around the country to have these people stopped. I am going to get a lawyer just to see if they can't be put up for crimial reasons.

#2 0

AUTHOR: - ()

They filed the following rebuttal to the above Rip-Off Report:

Their email: jeffreyhaley13@yahoo.com
Their name: JEFF HALEY

Their relationship to the company: Supporter

Rebuttal:
If people would listen closely to what is said and how the product is sold they would understand that it is not a scam. The product are not extra and we are not allowed to say they are extra {THAT WOULD BE FRAUD}. They are free to us on consignment.
:::::::::::::

EDitor's Comments

Well Jeff,

I have personally run across your people before, or the organization you belong to. YOU KNOW DAMN WELL, .. you are encouraged (or taught) to let people think what ever it takes to get them to buy the speakers. I have inside information from EX-sales people that sold these speakers...I never thought I could say this to anyone, but you're worse than a used car salesman. You are taught to lie.

I am sure that you are one of the people trying to file Rip-off Reports that are not Rip-off Reports at all, just trying to outdo the Rip-off Reports on your company, making them look bogus. A common practice by business that are reported here on the Rip-off Report. We're not idiots here at the Rip-off Report. Your fooling no one here.

I have been personally approached by these people selling merchandise from a car or Van, catching you at a stop light or more commonly in a parking lot. Here are some of the fraudulent lies your fellow sales-people use:

"Hey man, I got these speakers, they're hot, see the brochure, we go them off a truck. We'll let you have them for,..." they start out usually at 3 or $400 then let you have them for $200.

"Hey man, our boss is closing up his warehouse and we gotta get rid of these now. We have no room for them."

"Hey man, we bought these for our friend and they can't use them, I paid $2,000 for them, but you can have them for $400, ..." .. being talked down easily to $200.

"Hey man, we're moving tonight and I never set up these speakers up, look here, see the brochure, they're worth over $3,000, ..they're still in the box"

"Hey man, our friend needs to raise money to pay bills, the speakers were never opened yet, ...you interested? You can have them for $600 ..." quickly going down to $200.

Consumers need to know, there is nothing special about these speakers and they are probably worth no more than the $200 they are paying. Period! .. that is the official Rip-off Report opinion. The fraud is, the consumer thinks they are getting something worth thousands! The consumer would have never bought $200 speakers for $200 out of the back of a van. You make your victim think they are getting a real super deal so you can make a sale and your fraudlent comission.

I know one victim that paid $400. When he got home and opened his sealed boxes, they were beautiful cabinets. Only thing was, there were NO speakers inside! That's right, no speakers inside the beautiful cabinets. So, don't peddle your fast talking BS on this website. We will let consumers tell the world what a major league RIP-OFF Dogg Digital is. Buyers Beware! ..Speakers only (maybe) worth the $200 you are paying. Definetly NOT the $3,000 the traveling sales people selling from a car or van say.

EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

Charleston
Nevis Island
West Indies

USA Volunteer Contact & Victim Hotlines:
East Coast 518-923-HELP (4357)
West Coast 602-474-0366

United States west coast office FAX: 425-799-9729
United States east coast office FAX: 305-832-2949

Remember.
Don't let them get away with it!
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report.

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on Dogg Digital & other Stereo Speakers sold from Cars & Vans on the Street and parking lots