Complaint Review: Digital Audio 2002

• Submitted: Thu, October 31, 2002
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2004

• Reported By:Indianapolis IN
Digital Audio 2002
P.O. Box 9480 Ontario, California U.S.A.

Digital Audio 2002 Speakers not what they appear to be! Traveling rip-off scam liars Indianapolis Indiana

*Consumer Comment: They Visit Construction sites too ..Hell will burn hotter for some

Same story as others, In the Lowes parking lot, two clean cut guyes in a late model pickup truck ask if we would be interested in Suround sound speaker system. They say they got too many speakers by accident and can't return them, needs to unload them for pennies on the dollar.Show the Suggested retail price on the box of $1,999.

They install them in Theatre's but ended up with double their order and need to sell cheep. Ask for $600 and keep barganing end up taking $300 from me. I wrote a check and have stopped payment. Not showing as cleared yet.
Yes I knew better! Don't we all! Well now I'm the latest of Home Theater speaker ripoffs.

Their boss couldn't find out they had an extra set and needed to unload them fast.

I got home checked to see if the speakers worked and they do.Not the speaker I thought they were. They sound like a tin can, a very expensive tin can.

In addition I read the cheesey non specific warranty card from the box and it states to be covered write the serial number and send it in. There is NO serial number on the speakers.

Just goes to show, any purchase that can't wait a day or so to research isn't worth the time and certainly not any money.

Joe
Indianapolis, Indiana

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2002 05:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Audio-2002/Ontario-California-91762-9480/Digital-Audio-2002-Speakers-not-what-they-appear-to-be-Traveling-rip-off-scam-liars-India-33894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Audio 2002

They Visit Construction sites too ..Hell will burn hotter for some

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

We had just sat down for morning break, when in walks this clean cut guy that said who is the drywall guy that is into home theatre.Forgetting that my drywall company logo was on my van in the driveway I spoke up and said,thats me [being into home theatre after all].He replied and said youre the guy they sent me to.He then begin his polished story along with fake invoices,magazines
and even a demo.Afterhe told me what a great guy I was and knocked $200 off of the already great
deal he was offering me,like a sheep lead to slaughter,he followed me to my bank where he kindly releived me of $625 cash.Boy Im glad he cut me such a great deal,I almost took Him out to lunch.Definition for Audiofile: When a man gets
constipated from hearing to much crap. I did have the presence of mind to get a vehicle description and tag number which I filed a complete police report. Hell will burn hotter for some@#*!!@**!