Complaint Review: Digital Audio

• Submitted: Wed, November 17, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 17, 2004

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
Digital Audio
Random INdianapolis, Indiana U.S.A.

Digital Audio 5.1 ripoff, SPEAKER SCAM, 2 White Men, Indianapolis Indiana

Hi, my name is Chad Scott. Today (11-2-04) I was a victim of a scam that is going on right now as we speak. It was about 3:30 in the afternoon and I was at the Fast Max Gas Station at 86th and Michigan.

A brownish van pulls up and says that they have a set of $2000 Surround Sound Systems. They say that they have extras and that they need to get rid of them before the end of the day. They say that they will sell it for $800.

Well I said i only had 150 to spend and they took it. They had alot of info on the system with pictures and everything. It sounded like a deal. I ended up spending $150. When I get home, I look online to find out that I have been a victim of a scam.

They are cheap speakers not worth more than $50. I got his License plate # and called the police. They say that they cant do anything about it. I have called the Channel 6 Investigators and they are comming over today to do a report over it all on 11-17-04.

Chad
Indianapolis, Indiana

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2004 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Audio/INdianapolis-Indiana-46268/Digital-Audio-51-ripoff-SPEAKER-SCAM-2-White-Men-Indianapolis-Indiana-118350. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Audio