Complaint Review: Digital Camera Depot

• Reported By: E.P. — Trenton Ontario
Digital Camera Depot
7541 west irlo bronson hwy Kissimmee, Florida United States of America

Digital Camera Depot Dishonest sales practice Kissimmee, Florida

I went into the store on Apr 01/13 looking to purchase a phone, picked the one I liked but was not sure about the price. The sales rep made me believe I was getting a good deal but before agreeing to buy I specifically asked if I could return it for a refund in case I found a better price elsewhere. In front of witnesses (my husband and other customers) he said he guaranteed the price and would issue a full refund if I found it at a better price. I proceeded with the purchase trusting his words.

I did find the same phone cheaper at two other places, went to the store the next day and asked to return the phone. The same sales rep said they do not issue refunds and pointed to a sign above the register stating in fine print that all sales are final. I asked why he said yesterday that he would issue me a refund and did not point to that sign, he did not have any good explanation. After I said I was going to file a complaint he said he was willing to talk to the owner about upgrading me to a better phone (which supposedly he was getting in on Fri Apr 05/13) for the same price that I paid. I wanted to talk to the owner myself and asked for his name and when he was going to be at the store. He said the owner is someone named Mr.Tony and he will be in the next day between 12:30 and 14:00.

I came back during that time, there was a different sales rep and he told me the owner left 30 mins ago and will be back later. I explained the situation to him and he said they don't do refunds and if I want an exchange I'd have to pay 30% restocking fee. I asked to put the owner on the phone and also asked what the name of the sales rep was that sold me that phone. He said the sales person was Charlie and started to dial owner's number. When he got an answer he said: "Hello Charlie, here is a customer that bought a phone from Peter wanting to talk to the owner" and passed the phone to me. I said I thought Charlie was the sales rep, answer was there is two Charlies. I said I wanted to talk to Tony, not Charlie, the employee went back on the phone saying I wanted to talk to Tony as I thought he was the owner. He gave me the phone back, said that Tony was there too. Very confused, I talked to the person on the phone who stated he was Tony and the owner of the business. I asked when he will be coming to the store and he said he was in Miami (fast trip considering he was in Kissimmee half an hour ago!) and basically told me the same "no refunds, exchanges with 30% restocking fee only" story.

It was very clear at that point that I was dealing with a bunch of thieves so I left.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Camera-Depot/Kissimmee-Florida-34747/Digital-Camera-Depot-Dishonest-sales-practice-Kissimmee-Florida-1040794. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Camera Depot