Complaint Review: Digital Depot Online

• Updated: Thu, November 15, 2012

• Reported By: Griff — Keosauqua Iowa United States of America
Digital Depot Online

Digital Depot Online Bait & Switch, or Ripoff -- Your Choice! Internet

Company practices bait & switch.  When you order an advertised item, "something" is wrong with your order, so you get a call in which the company tries to sell you additional expensive accessories, or to get you to upgrade to a vastly more expensive item.  In my case, I ordered a Canon camera, was told that it was a foreign model with no warranty (partially true), it has a plastic body instead of magnesium (lie) and that its programming is in Japanese and can't be changed (lie).  I insisted on them fulfilling the order as specified.

Shortly afterwards, I received an "accessory kit" containing a cheap case, tripod, memory card, and two batteries.  At that time, my credit card was charged for what I believed was my order.  After a couple more weeks, I contacted the company (mid-Sep) and was informed that the camera was backordered from Japan, and would be shipped on or about 26 Oct 12.

On 15 Nov 12, upon returning from a trip, I still had not received the camera or any notification about its shipment, so I called Digital Depot Online, and was told that this camera had been discontinued.  When I stated that I would return the accessories and cancel the order, I was told that I could not return them because more than 30 days had elapsed since they were shipped.  They are trying to rip me off by charging me almost $600 for probably $100 worth of batteries and accessories for a camera that they're not going to ship.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2012 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Depot-Online/internet/Digital-Depot-Online-Bait-Switch-or-Ripoff-Your-Choice-Internet-969701. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Depot Online