grown

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2012

• Reported By: justcate — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Digital Depot Online

Digital Depot Online Bait and Switch does not describe the worst of what they do! Rude, untruthful, simply not worth the risk of loosing your hard earned money for a "deal" that will NEVER happen! Internet

I ordered a Nikon D5000, I then got an email stating I had to call and confirm my purchase.  When I did this I was informed that this camera did not come with a battery.  When I questioned this, I was instructed to read the disclaimer on the web page and asked if I would like to purchase one at 3x the  price of the actual cost of a battery... this did not include the charger.  That would be an additional cost as well.  When I asked where the camera was being ordered from they told me directly from the Nikon factory...  Today 7 business days later I called to see if my camera had been shipped.  I was told it had been backordered, I questioned this stating that I had just been on the phone with Nikon and this camera is not nor has it been on backorder. Thomas then told me it comes from their factory overseas... when I told him what I was told he told me I misunderstood!  No, I did not misunderstand and asked for a cancellation right away!  Within moments I did get the email and no charges have been applied to my credit card. [continued below]....
.....  I have called my bank and explained to them the situation.  That card has been cancelled and a new one is on its way just in case!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Depot-Online/internet/Digital-Depot-Online-Bait-and-Switch-does-not-describe-the-worst-of-what-they-do-Rude-905609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Depot Online