Complaint Review: Digital Electronics House Inc, NY

• Reported By: maki — Singapore Singapore
Digital Electronics House Inc, NY
500 Seventh Avenue New York, New York United States of America

Digital Electronics House Inc, NY Camera price doubled New York, New York

Went to this shop at the end of the day. Experienced shopper like me was brain washed and ripped off by very authoritative seller. To their greediness even sky is not a limit. We started off in my interest for Nikon D90 camera and 15-200 mm lens. The price they gave it to me was 1300$, which was quite reasonable, AND I KNEW THIS PRICE! While waiting to bring it from warehouse, they offered D5000 instead, tagged at 1900$ with 18-55 lens for 1100 $ body only and 18-200 VR Lens tagged at 1899$ for another 1100 $. So I end it up paying D5000 body + 18-200 VR Lens 2100 $ plus tax. Body real price is 500 $ and Lens price around 800 $.

Story is not over, I paid for a UV filter additional 75$ including tax,whereas resale price is around 25$.The sobering moment was when they offered SD cards with highest speed ever for another 69$ (tagged at 89.90), I knew prices were TRIPLED. I didn't buy it, because I already new I was ripped off but it was too late my credit card bill was singed. It is surprising how NY Authorities let this happen, since their price tags are at least tripled from regular market prices. Well I have learned my lesson, next time shopping will be much more diligent. However I will go back to this shop to congratulate them on how they ripped me off and wish God bless their GIDDINESS!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2010 04:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Electronics-House-Inc-NY/New-York-New-York-10018/Digital-Electronics-House-Inc-NY-Camera-price-doubled-New-York-New-York-635920. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Electronics House Inc, NY