Complaint Review: Digital Research

• Submitted: Tue, December 02, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 02, 2003

• Reported By:Fullerton California
Digital Research
Gas Station Costa Mesa, California U.S.A.

Digital Research Home Theater System Costa Mesa California

Unfortunately, last night I purchased a set of the DA 5.1 Series III home speakers from "Joel". He is approximately 6'3", thin, short blondish hair and driving a white caravan with Nevada license plate 527 PKT. His passenger never left the vehicle, also with short dirty blond hair but heavier set.

As others have noted the guys had just picked up the speakers for their boss and had one extra set (although there were three "extra" sets in the van). The magazine ad they showed me looked real enough...

There were plenty of warning signs but I disregarded them for the chance of getting a nice set of speakers at a good price. It was my own fault for being so gullible.

At the time I wasn't sure if I was getting ripped off or if someone else had gotten ripped off; I have to admit I'm glad it was me and that the speakers were not stolen.

I learned my lesson and will not repeat it. Fortunately I only lost some money.

An electrical engineer by trade I plan to open them up and see if I can find the problem. I'll update this report in the next week or so.

TC
Fullerton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2003 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Research/Costa-Mesa-California/Digital-Research-Home-Theater-System-Costa-Mesa-California-73769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Research