Complaint Review: Digital Storm

• Reported By: OldTexan — Houston Texas United States of America
Digital Storm
448 Kato Terrace Fremont, California United States of America

Digital Storm Lied Fremont, California

I bought a computer from Digital Storm in June 2012 it took about a month for it to get to me.  There were a few issues out of the box due to there not being some explanations but phone calls cleared those up.  Then the fun started:

Blue screens and inability to use a high end expensive gaming machine for online gaming.  First they said it was software then after I proved that was wrong they said that the RAM was faulty they replaced it but now with the brand name RAM that the machine originally came with.  After a lot of wrangling I finally got close to the RAM that came with the machine.

The blue screen issues continued and now they said it was the video card acting up.  So they sent me a replacement card (understand they put a hold on your credit card every time they send another part in case you dont send the defective part back whoopee for customer trust).  It showed up and the replacement had less Vid Ram than the one in the original order, I finally resolved this by agreeing to pay additional money for a card that had twice as much vid RAM as the one that came with the sytem.

The issues continue and now the machine is shutting itself off as well.  So they do some tests and determine it is either the power supply and/or the hard drive causing issues and they are sure that there are some power supply issues.  This is in December which means that the power supply has been sending the wrong voltage across the components for six months.  I wanted a new machine or a refund, they refused but in order to get me from filing complaints with the AG office they agreed in writing to replace everything inside the case except the fans if I would be without a computer for over a week.  I agreed and had to buy more packaging from them to send it back.

They also stated they would keep me informed on everything.  Wrong, here come emails we have tested it, replaced the parts, and are sending it back.  I am now very suspicious so I call and they backed out of the agreement, instead of replacing all of the parts they had only replaced the hard drive and the pump for the liquid cooling system (the machine was overheating causing shut downs, which is just as bad as power supply issues).  They basically said too bad this is all we are going to do no matter what we agreed to in order to get you to ship the machine back.

So we have breach of contract, they made an offer, I accepted, I paid them (buying new packaging) and they gave me a RMA then they refused to fulfill.  So now it is going to the BBB and the AG office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Storm/Fremont-California-94539/Digital-Storm-Lied-Fremont-California-1012529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Storm