Complaint Review: Digital Vmail, Inc., MyIproduct Imail, Regional Commerce Svcs, Triple Three Inc, ESBI and OAN

• Submitted: Sat, January 02, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 02, 2010

• Reported By: Grey Bird — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America

Digital Vmail, Inc., MyIproduct Imail, Regional Commerce Svcs, Triple Three Inc, ESBI and OAN Claimed my dead wife subscribed to their service 3 months after she died, Internet

My AT&T phone bill had a $16.22 charge "Digital VMail, Inc-Voicemail Mthly Fee Billing question? Call 1-877-768-3666"  I called the number, and the first person I talked to said that <my wife's name> had signed up for the service.  When I asked when, she said December 9th.  When I explained that my wife had died in September and so couldn't have signed up for the service, she said that they had received a form from my wife's email account and so she did indeed sign up for it.  When I insisted that wasn't possible she said that they had the form and claimed to have just done an ip trace (in about 5 seconds) that proved that it came from my wife's email account.  When I insisted that they had just harvested her email address and used it to claim that they had the form, she insisted that they couldn't possibly have obtained her email address without her sending them the form and asked me how they could have gotten it otherwise.  She didn't seem to comprehend it when I told her that spammers do it all the time and it was pretty trivial and insisted that unless I could tell her how they did it that it wasn't possible.  She eventually transferred me to a supervisor who, eventually said he would cancel the service but that I had to pay the charge already on my phone bill.  I informed him that I wasn't paying, did not owe it and was going to turn them in to the FCC for fraud.  He said that he wouldn't remove the charge because they had a form.  I then called a number on the AT&T bill for "Enhanced Services Billing Inc." thinking I was calling AT&T, but it was actually still Digital Vmail, although they answered the phone AT&T.  After I got transferred to a supervisor again, they eventually said that they were removing the charge "as a courtesy", and when I asked if they had a fraud department said they didn't but could transfer me to a specialist.  This person eventually admitted that they were Digital Vmail and couldn't do anything further and, of course, admitted no wrongdoing at all.  I am going to call AT&T customer service using the number in my phone book and see if they have a fraud department and try to convince them to stop doing business with this company.  I am also getting 3rd party billing blocked from my phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2010 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digital-Vmail-Inc-MyIproduct-Imail-Regional-Commerce-Svcs-Triple-Three-Inc-ESBI-and-OAN/internet/Digital-Vmail-Inc-MyIproduct-Imail-Regional-Commerce-Svcs-Triple-Three-Inc-ESBI-and-548631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digital Vmail, Inc., MyIproduct Imail, Regional Commerce Svcs, Triple Three Inc, ESBI and OAN