Complaint Review: DigitalDepotOnline

• Updated: Tue, November 06, 2012

• Reported By: dimouss — Marina Del Rey California United States of America
DigitalDepotOnline
Internet, New York United States of America

DigitalDepotOnline Digital Depot Online Keep your credit card away from them!!! Internet, New York

...Bought a Canon flash from them in May 2012. Arrived quickly, exactly as described... So , when in June I received a sweet offer from them in my email (Canon 5D Mark III body only with all accessories and 1-year US Canon Limited Warranty) for under $3000 I jumped on it!
An USA model at that price - sounds like excellent deal! Placed my order a day later and received an additional 2% discount for posting a nice Review (please, NEVER DO THAT, YOU Will regret later!).  It took  my order about a month to arrive. And it did, again exactly as described, all accessories and US 1-Year Warranty included...
 Included was also the invoice for close to $ 2000 extra on top the final price I agreed to pay upon checkout!
After calling them asking to "correct this obvious mistake" I was told, in a very unprofessional way, that the model I ordered originally was Non-US (Grey Market) Model  with no Canon Limited Warranty (straight lie!), the charge is correct, I agreed to it (??! I NEVER did or had ANY Clue!!!) and that now I will have to pay it!
Please do not believe ANY positive feedbacks this company has elsewhere. They squeeze them out their potential customers for an "additional"  2% discount. These people will later find out what they put themselves into. I was one of those people who left them a very nice feedback and got my $40 discount just to be billed almost 2x later!
BTW, they illegally overcharged me on the first purchase also (Canon flash). I failed to notice that because it was only $30. Got it back through a dispute.
You have been warned!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2012 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DigitalDepotOnline/Internet-New-York-/DigitalDepotOnline-Digital-Depot-Online-Keep-your-credit-card-away-from-them-Internet-965749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DigitalDepotOnline