Similar to other's experience with this company, they have very deceptive practices. A few frustrations in dealing with DigitalDepotOnline:
1) As a novice camera buyer, I had no clue of an 'Import' model of a camera. I still don't understand what it really is - expect the 'Import' evidently comes with no warranty and no english manuals. You have to dig down into the specifications listing of what you are potentially ordering to know if it is a USA model or Import model. They could make it much more apparent - but do not do so such that when it is on backorder and you call about it, they can switch you to the US model at a much higher cost.
2) Part of the bait and switch tactic starts shortly after you place an order. After placing an internet order, they expect you to call and physically confirm the order. They try to get you to move up or buy more accessories during that conversation.
3) Their general customer service attitude is poor. Very take-it-or-leave it.
4) Their 'Specials' deal that comes up when you choose a camera or bundle always has a deadline of the day you are in - every day - only the data changes to the present date as the deadline.
5) Beware that once you place on order, you learn that they charge a mandatory 5.5% insurance fee.
Overall, a very frustrating event trying to order a new Camera for my wife for Christmas this year. Initial order placed on 11/21/12 - finally cancelled here on 12/17/12.
Lastly - the only positive of the experience: They never charged my credit card since they never shipped anything.