- Report: #983374
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: DigitalDepotOnline
DigitalDepotOnlineInternet United States of America
DigitalDepotOnline Deceptive Advertising, bait and switch tactics Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) As a novice camera buyer, I had no clue of an 'Import' model of a camera. I still don't understand what it really is - expect the 'Import' evidently comes with no warranty and no english manuals. You have to dig down into the specifications listing of what you are potentially ordering to know if it is a USA model or Import model. They could make it much more apparent - but do not do so such that when it is on backorder and you call about it, they can switch you to the US model at a much higher cost.
2) Part of the bait and switch tactic starts shortly after you place an order. After placing an internet order, they expect you to call and physically confirm the order. They try to get you to move up or buy more accessories during that conversation.
3) Their general customer service attitude is poor. Very take-it-or-leave it.
4) Their 'Specials' deal that comes up when you choose a camera or bundle always has a deadline of the day you are in - every day - only the data changes to the present date as the deadline.
5) Beware that once you place on order, you learn that they charge a mandatory 5.5% insurance fee.
Overall, a very frustrating event trying to order a new Camera for my wife for Christmas this year. Initial order placed on 11/21/12 - finally cancelled here on 12/17/12.
Lastly - the only positive of the experience: They never charged my credit card since they never shipped anything.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 02:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DigitalDepotOnline/internet/DigitalDepotOnline-Deceptive-Advertising-bait-and-switch-tactics-Internet-983374. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.