Complaint Review: Digitaldepotonline

• Submitted: Tue, August 07, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: scaner60 — Franklin Massachusetts United States of America
Digitaldepotonline

Digitaldepotonline This site is one to avoid at all cost, Internet

Stay away from this company! I ordered a camera for my daughter ( this was a replacement for a camera she had stolen), who lives in Maui, on line and tried to call the number listed on a Sunday within the times listed on the web site but a machine answered requesting I call back when they were open.

As I was flying for business the following week, I placed the order to avoid a delay. Someone called the following day just as I was boarding a plane to tell me the camera was an international version (nothing on the website identifies these as such) and couldn't be serviced in the US. the US version was much more expensive. When i tried to cancel the order, he said I would be hit with a 40% restocking fee, something I refused to pay.

He recommended a different camera but I couldn't talk anymore so he said someone would call me back later. Someone did call back and offered a cheaper camera but confirmed this was a US model. Not knowing much about cameras, I told him he'd have to clear it with my daughter before shipping it. At this point I became suspicious of these tactics and service so I researched this new model on line and found out it was also an international version.

The next day I found out they had shipped the camera. I told my daughter, who never spoke with them, not to accept the package, just return it. Her boyfriend signed for the package but it was never opened. My wife and I took a vacation to Maui the following week and we took the package back to UPS and had it sent back as refused by customer.

When I received a statement a few weeks later from my credit card company showing the charge, I called digital Depot and was told they never received the camera and that I would have to pay for the return postage, which is illegal, and needed an RMA number to return it (this info is also missing from the web site). I had my daughter contact UPS and emailed them proof they received it but have yet to resolve this and now my credit card company is charging me interest for something I never wanted and don't have.

These people use bait and switch tactics, the web site is useless and I've tried to reach them several times with little success. At this point I'm ready to contact the Attorney General's office for the state of NY and hire a lawyer to resolve this if necessary. Warning, stay away from this company. I work for a computer company and have been in the IT industry for many years but this is the worst experience I've ever encountered from any site.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Digitaldepotonline/internet/Digitaldepotonline-This-site-is-one-to-avoid-at-all-cost-Internet-923733. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Digitaldepotonline