Complaint Review: Dignity Memorial, SCI Management

• Submitted: Tue, December 06, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By:Dunedin Florida
Dignity Memorial, SCI Management
dignitymemorial.com/ contact.asp Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Dignity Memorial, SCI Management ripoff Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: hey idiot

*Consumer Comment: Ah duh

*Author of original report: RipOff

*Author of original report: Additional note

In August of 2000, I had set up a plan to purchase a burial plot in the location that my parents are both buried in. I had paid on this for 5 years straight investing over $4,000 and I had been out of work, missed s few payments and was not able to make the payment and Dignity Memorial uncer the guise of SCI Management, reclaimed the burial spot and refused to refund my money! So they have both the plot AND my money! I feel violated and so angry and I want answers!

I feel as if I had been raped by the persons trying to help me.

Richard
Dunedin, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2005 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dignity-Memorial-SCI-Management/Tampa-Florida/Dignity-Memorial-SCI-Management-ripoff-Tampa-Florida-167025. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dignity Memorial, SCI Management

hey idiot

AUTHOR: bbank - (United States of America)

This most certainly is not insurance. I am not sure where in the world you got that idea. this is basically like buying a car, except you don't get to drive it until it is payed off. Kind-of like a lay-away plan, you are purchasing a PRODUCT. Now, if you can't pay it off then you should get your money back. if you put a couch on lay-away and a year later you can't make the payments, they give you your money back and keep their product. SCI makes money on holding your money in their bank, so there is no reason that they shouldn't give your money back. FYI, if you file a claim against them in claims court ($35 filing fee) they will give you money back. i speak from experience. AUH DUH!

Ah duh

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

It's insurance dummy! if you dont pay your car,life or home insurance do you get you money back? exacly!

RipOff

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

In August of 2000, I had purchased a burial plot from Whitemarsh Memorial, which was financed through SCI Management, now known as Dignity Memorial.
Since 2005 I have become disabled and unable to work and my income was zero. I tried to contact the company to explain the reason for the lateness and they did not care that I could not work or earn money. They wanted their money or the plot back!
So I lost the $4,000 I invested over the past 5 years and I am angry!

Additional note

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

I am disabled and am not able to work and when I contacted Dignity Memorial, they told me that I had to either pay up or lose the investment I had been paying on for 5 years! Evidently, I lost it.
They stole it from me!