Complaint Review: Dilday TV - Mitsubishi Electric WD-73727 Projection 73" Tv

• Submitted: Fri, July 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, February 01, 2014

• Reported By:London Arkansas
Dilday TV - Mitsubishi Electric WD-73727 Projection 73" Tv
7915 Winchester,ste 103 Memphis, Tennessee U.S.A.

Mitsubishi Electric WD-73727 Projection 73" Tv Dilday TV - Ron Thompson Dilday TV WD-73727 sn#100601 Mitsubishi projection 73" Memphis Tennessee

*Author of original report: thanks Rip off!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response From Dilday TV

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Response from Dilday TV

On 6-27-06 purched Mitsubishi digital WD-73727 projection tv since purchase have replace lamp cartridge 2times now. for over $200.00 each time. I was told at time of purchase that when lamp cartridge needs to be replaced it would cost about $35.00 every two years.

The t.V. was not used for 1.5 years. Was stowed away.
now I have large white spots glowing in light areas of the t.v. I paid over $5,000.00 for the set. I was told it was the best on the market.

just got it paid for and now its junk! I can't afford to keep it up and it is junk! I wan't my money back or a new set. I do not see how a large company can keep ripping off consumers!

now Technical Support, Instructions, Repair Service & Recommendations *New* Home | My Expertise | My Profile | Sign Out All Products > Projection Televisions > Troubleshooting Mitsubishi wd-73727 have new lamp bulb;did notmitsubishi wd-73727 have new lamp bulb;did not help.have bright spots in screen adjustments did not help. what to do? The spots are large and bright expecially on the lighter pics. I adjusted all and it did not help. what do you think?
Please rate

Solution #1 posted on Jul 11, 2009
crikett

Rank: Guru
Rating: 87.13% , 254 votes

Your Light Engine needs replaced. Usually around $600.00-$850.00

Lillyb
London, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2009 10:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dilday-TV-Mitsubishi-Electric-WD-73727-Projection-73-Tv/Memphis-Tennessee/Mitsubishi-Electric-WD-73727-Projection-73-Tv-Dilday-TV-Ron-Thompson-Dilday-TV-WD-7372-468479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dilday TV - Mitsubishi Electric WD-73727 Projection 73" Tv

thanks Rip off!

AUTHOR: Lillybeasley - ()

Thanks Rip off site. Thanks to you I was able to get the part replaced free. Although it also went out again. Now I have a sharp aquos that is much better quality and half the price.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response From Dilday TV

AUTHOR: Jeff Etheridge, Dilday TV - (USA)

I am the owner of Dilday TV.

It is unfortunate when any customer has a problem, especially one that is very expensive to repair.

We have had a few of these models come in to our service department, and Mitsubishi has been very good about offering assistance with the repair, in the form of paying part of the cost.  I do not know if this customer even tried to contact Mitsubishi about the repair; if they had contacted us with this information we would have immediately put them in touch with Mitsubishi.

The lamps for this TV do cost around $200.  We have never told a customer that the lamps cost $35; I am not sure where this information came from.

Since no personal information is listed, if the person posting this review will contact us directly, we will make every effort to get Mitsubishi to help defray the cost as much as possible.

We have been in the service business for over 20 years, and maintain an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau.  We will always do whatever we can to help our customers.

Jeff Etheridge

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Response from Dilday TV

AUTHOR: Jeff Etheridge, Dilday TV - (USA)

Unfortunately, the customer does not mention having contacted our service department, so I am unsure if they did so or not.  Although the set is over three years old and well beyond the original one-year warranty, we would do whatever we can to assist the customer in getting the TV fixed.

We always strive to assist customers with any problems.  We are accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and have zero unresolved complaints.  Since this site does not offer contact information, I am unable to contact the customer, but we are certainly willing to do what we can if the customer wishes to contact us.