- Report: #357501
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Dillards
Dillardswww.dillards.com Plano, Texas U.S.A.
Dillards - Dillard's Department Store #1 WORST Place To Work/Shop - Shut 'em Down!! (Former Employee) Plano Texas
*Author of original report: Dillards: Extreme Employee Abuse
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Agreeable in Denton Tx
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Dillards is notorious for their abusive their employees; the VERY people that keep their miserable store up and running every day! There isn't room enough on this page to list all of the inappropriate and unscrupulous ways that Dillards violates their employees; but I will try to list just a few. BTW, I know these things first hand because I was in one of the WORST departments -- Cosmetics!
- Outrageously unrealistic attendance policy: If an employee is sick and unable to work, Dillards demands they go to a doctor and produce a note upon returning to work (violating their employees' rights to privacy!). Yes, I understand that there are other companies in the world that also subscribe to this invasive and archaic practice and they too should be restricted from this act. BTW, even with a doctor's note and "excused absence" (what is this, grade school?!?!?) the employee is still just 2 sick absences away from termination. There was a girl we worked with that had to be absent when her father died. A decent company would have given her as much time as she needed to grieve and make arrangements (in fact, many companies have "bereavement leave" that they give the employees!) but not Dillards! They basically forced her to give her 2 weeks notice (the other option was termination). They pretend that they are doing you a favor by allowing you the option to resign and save face, but it's really just a loophole for Dillards to avoid getting so many wrongful termination lawsuits. So, after kicking this poor employee while she was down and bullying her into submitting a fake resignation; they add insult to injury and listed her as a Not Eligible for Rehire. I swear, I don't know how these people sleep at night!
-Very unaffordable and sometimes unattainable health insurance/benefits: Dillards forces their employees to go to a doctor for a note, but most of their employees are not able to afford or qualify for the benefits Dillards "offers". So, not only does the employee not receive pay for the day; they are forced to shell out $100 for a doctor appt. that probably is not even neccessary! It is ridiculous to say "oh, well if they are sick enough to stay home then they better be sick enough to go to the doctor!". . . REALLY DILLLARDS???? So, a terrible cold/flu now requires treatment from a doctor as oppossed to rest and plenty of fluids????? Oh, and let me add that I am SO relieved to know that my co-worker will be coming to work hacking up a lung and spreading germs all over getting me sick just because they were bullied into coming to work. Way to keep your employees healthy Dillards!
These were just a few minor anecdotes and NOT in any way, shape or form the worst or even close to the worst of it all.
Dillards is equally as horrendous to their "valued customers" as well! All employees undergo the Shrinkage Loss Prevention training in which we are all instructed to think of EVERY customer as a likely THEIF. Yes, I am aware that shrinkage affects us all and that there are many retailers who share this frame of mind regarding their customers. Dillards; however, takes loss prevention to a whole new level! The amount of money spent and the measures taken to try to capture these criminal customers is ridiculously excessive and truly makes for an unpleasant shopping experience for a lot of people. Dillard's preaches excellence in customer service; however, it is difficult to provide quality service when you are supposed to consider your customers to be potential thieves. Long story short, should you ever find yourself walking through a Dillard's and that creepy, being-watched-by-a-stalker feeling arises; rest assured that you are not paranoid or delusional. You are just a suspicious-looking potential thief HAPPY SHOPPING!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dillards/Plano-Texas/Dillards-Dillards-Department-Store-1-WORST-Place-To-WorkShop-Shut-em-Down-Forme-357501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.