allowances

Complaint Review: Dillards

• Submitted: Thu, March 11, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2012

• Reported By: T. Lynn — Houston Texas U.S.A.
Dillards

Dillards Dillard's Can't We Get A Class Action Lawsuit Going -- My Mom is Suffering along with Thousands of other Dillards Employees Internet, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Attorney Needed ASAP

*Consumer Comment: You can quit.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dillards Abuse

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Totally Agree -- Dillards is Abusive!!

*Author of original report: For your Sanity

*UPDATE Employee: moms stress

This is ridiculous they way they cut your pay if you don't meet their unobtainable sales quotas.  Dillards thinks that $12 an hour is TOO much money for a Pacesetter.

Also, the Training is a JOKE. My mom's training was literally less than 2 hours.

ASMs think they are God.

Breaks should be allowed -- what if you're sick at your stomach?

If you clock in early, you're counted TARDY....WHAT?  If you clock out late, you're also counted TARDY....WHAT??

My mom lives in constant stress every single day....she thinks that she can't get a job anywhere else, thanks to Dillards management.  I just feel for her and all the other Dillards employees who are being ram-rodded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dillards/internet/Dillards-Dillards-Cant-We-Get-A-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Going-My-Mom-is-Suffering-along-579892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dillards

Attorney Needed ASAP

AUTHOR: DPenhead - (United States of America)

I am on the hunt for an attorney for my wife, in relation to Dillard's. She needs someone that is familiar with them, and has a proven track record in lawsuits against the chain. I have no idea how to post any way to reach me on here, and it said explicitly not to include my email address on this post..so I won't, I guess. She has grounds on several levels against multiple levels of management, including farther up than that. Please contact me ASAP about this issue, as we would like to have already been in contact with a reputable attorney by the time they find a way to fire her. I would share the unbelievable stuff going on, but I am afraid of possible further retribution from them...

Thank you, and God Bless you all.

Dave

You can quit.

AUTHOR: center of attention - (USA)

You can quit and work someplace else.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dillards Abuse

AUTHOR: Cynthia - (U.S.A.)

Most people do not under stand abuse until you worked for Dillards 1week before your 20 yr anniversary. The sales quote is only the tip now they use the not Asm they have changed titles they are Sales managers. In which they are mandated to sell themselves taking away from the sales people this is one way they cut people out using the term Sales quote  then they use what is called Special Hours in which the store manager gives(special associates) the advantage of not loosing there pay and they get to keep there Jobs.Of course they keep this private but it is a Public matter that if you were a lawyer you can access this infomation. When you work for dillards you are under the internet agreement of not complaining you are under Arbutration. There people. And you really have no way to defend yourself as long as you work for them They make this quite clear when they hire you.I personally have seen people have a mild stroke and they did noting for them but send them home. Stating if you feel bad then go home.

My store manager would Yell at the ladies (the area I worked in) and even cursed at us.Everyone was afraid to say anything in fear of loosing there jobs. I  worked in one of there stores that is still standing that if the Enviromental forks were to go to one area for fact they would close the store the company has always known about this problem but they do not Care It is only about making Money for them. And lets not talk about the Black Mold in the Air Ducks that still is there all the time and we breath this day in and day out. They don't want people to know about that also. This can be seen just visit any dillards looks around especially at night. They do not even Care, Last year one of my friends who worked there was Mugged and her car stolen. Dillards does not provide any security for there employees you are on your own. Yes dillards can cause anyone to have Bad Health and Depression. They do not Care. I have been hurt pulling racks of clothes and they told me go back to work.I even missed job due to hurting my back.  They did not take any accident report,It is all about making money and who you know and if they like you.Evidence 5 days till my anniversary 20 yrs they put me out the door. It just maKes me sick how they can abuse Employees and get away with it.  Cindy   Houston

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Totally Agree -- Dillards is Abusive!!

AUTHOR: Christy - (U.S.A.)

I feel your pain, and I feel the exact same way you and many others do about the disgusting ways Dillards' treats their "valued" employees.  That company is the epitome of extreme greed and ignorance.  I, too, worked for Dillards many years (and many tears!) ago and it just sickens me to no end that they have not been stopped by the U.S. Dept Of Labor.  Unless someone has worked, or knows someone that has worked there, it is hard to believe that the things we are saying go on there are actually going on!  Sadly, they do and will continue to go on unless more people start standing up and blowing the whistle on these a**holes.

To those who are reading this and questioning whether any of this is being blown out of proportion or exaggerated, please feel free to conduct a simple Google search and see what you come up with as results.  Heck, just look through the plethora of other complaints on this site!

I, too, was living large and in the lap of luxury on that sweet, sweet generous hourly rate of $12/hr.  Yes, I know you all must be thinking "but it seems to good to be true!"  No worries, though, Dillards doesn't "overpay" us for too long...  It doesn't take long to be "disciplined" for failing to reach the personal sales quota of $2,000/day of over-priced cosmetics.  Especially since they have, oh, about 4-5 other girls behind each counter with you and it's Monday!  Oh and if you happen to be one of the full-time employees, then you can REALLY forget about ever making your total weekly sales goal as well.  What they tell you when they hire you is that most people can "easily" makeup for what they don't sell during the week on the weekends.  What they DON'T tell you is that, in addition to the 4 employees behind each counter during the week, they add 3 more part-timers to the mix.   Of course, those part-timers also don't have as high of sales goals as the lucky weekday girls.  That is just the tip of the iceberg too, but I cannot keep typing because I can feel my blood-pressure rising with each stroke of the key.

So, for those potential lucky Dillards' employees thinking about working for them -- don't say we didn't warn you.

For your Sanity

AUTHOR: Tommie - (USA)

I'm so sorry for you.  I can't say things will get better.  In fact, my mom was fired last week because she has been in "deficit" for 3 months, even though she signed a write up 3 months ago stating she had 8 months to get out of deficit.  They brought in an employee from another store who is now 6 months in deficit, and told my mom that he came from a store that didn't have much business in the furniture dept!  What a joke, there's no business in the furniture dept at the store where my mom was just fired from.

My mom has hired an attorney, and beleive it or not, he has had many many successful cases against Dillards.  Apparentlly, they'd rather pay off a few and keep up their sweat shop tactics.

My advice, find another job where you can be happy.  You spend so many hours at work, it's just not worth it to be miserable, especially with your headaches.  I empathize because you may be like my mom, and feel some weird attachment or loyalty to them, but it's just their brainwashing.  For your sanity, move on.

I don't know if Rip Off Report allows this, but if you'd like to contact me via email, I'm happy to provide my address to you.

moms stress

AUTHOR: anon - (United States of America)

Ive been an employee for 2.5 yrs.  I have many  stories to tell! Today is not a good day  to tell them, because I have another incredible stress migraine!    I was there 45 min today and couldn't take any more.  I had to leave, hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Im sure a lot of people are saying just quit,  somtimes thats not an option!        Living in constant stress with your mom!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC