Complaint Review: Dillards

• Submitted: Fri, March 28, 2014
  • Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: cmlvngstn — Tucson Arizona
Nationwide USA

Dillards GE Money use a closed and removed account to pay so they could charge a returned check fee and ruin my credit standing Orlando Nationwide

On March 14, 2014, I made my monthly online payment to my Dillard's credit card through GE Money. When my next statemnt arrived, I could see that I was assessed a "returned payment" fee, which greatly confused me. I contacted my bank and they stated that they had not returned any payments made on my account. These kind of charges can destroy a consumer's credit rating so I was extrememly concerned. As I investigated, I saw that the payment was drawn from an account I had closed long before when I sold that particular business. Also, I would like to note that that particular account is nowhere noted on my payment profile since I removed the account from all my online payemnts long, long ago. This means that Dillard's, or GE Money, maintained that account number in their flies even though I removed it, and the proceeded to charge my monthly payment to that closed account, even though I was under the impression that was removed the account from my payments, as reflected on my profile. Not true. They not only kept the closed checking account number, they resurrected it to charge a payment to without my knowledge and they never admitted they had done so.

I have not trusted Dillard's since GE Money took it over and I would like to advise anyone else to avoid any business that sues GE Money, as they will do all they can to destroy a customers good credit. It makes me wonder if they have an ulterior motive.

At any rate, I have asked Dillard's to remove the "returned payment" charge they placed on my account and to correct the false charge they made against me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dillards/nationwide/Dillards-GE-Money-use-a-closed-and-removed-account-to-pay-so-they-could-charge-a-returned-1134549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dillards