Complaint Review: Dimaond Wireless Downtown Seattle1314

• Updated: Mon, September 23, 2013

• Reported By: Anna in Seattle — Missoula Montana
Dimaond Wireless Downtown Seattle1314
1314 4th Avenue Seattle, Washington USA

Dimaond Wireless Downtown Seattle1314 Deceptive practices re Insurance Seattle Washington

I wanted to switch to Verizon Wireless.  I googled where the nearest store was and it gave me the listing for this location.  All along I thought i was dealing with Verizon.  The Verizon logos are everywhere.  Now I find out I was dealing with Diamond Wireless and not Verizon afterall.

When I bought my phone I declined equpment protection.  The salesman took the time to show me on my contract where I had declined coverage.  At no time did I think I was signing up for any type of additional insurance.  Because he pointed it out, I felt confident that we were on the same page and did not thoroughly review my receipt where I had to sign.  Flash forward a couple of months later and I realize my bank account has a recurring withdrawal.  I track down what it's for and discover that it is for the insurance I declined.

I called Diamond to straighten it out and got a wall of "you signed a valid receipt and the line that says you declined is only for Verizon's insurance, not ours."  This is rediculous since I thought I was dealing with Verizon from the get-go.  They tricked me into signing the receipt feeling the salesman understood my desire for no insurance which is why he took the time to point it out to me.  They refuse to refund all of the insurance charges they took from me, offering only the current month's refund.

I filed a BBB report and they respond with typical corporate speak that their files show a valid receipt and claiming I was just being malicious.  The salesman used trickery to enroll me.  How is it malicious to want fair reccompensation for insurance I told them I never wanted in the first place?

Beware this company and its deceptive practices.  Make sure to only deal with a direct Verizon Wireless store and steer clear of any store run by Diamond Wireles.  I wish I would have checked here before walking in their door.  I didn't even know this level of deception was happening in cellular land.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2013 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dimaond-Wireless-Downtown-Seattle1314/Seattle-Washington-98101/Dimaond-Wireless-Downtown-Seattle1314-Deceptive-practices-re-Insurance-Seattle-Washington-1086625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dimaond Wireless Downtown Seattle1314