Complaint Review: DirecTV - DIRECTV ENTERPRISES, DIRECTV HOLDINGS - DIRECTV O - DIRECTV GROUP INC.

• Submitted: Sat, January 16, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, January 16, 2010

• Reported By: Patrick — Orlando Florida United States of America
2230 East Imperial Highway Internet United States of America

DirecTV - DIRECTV ENTERPRISES, DIRECTV HOLDINGS - DIRECTV O - DIRECTV GROUP INC. False Promises during sales pitch Internet

When I signed up for DirecTV over the phone I told the sales lady that I wanted 2 HD/DVR's for free since I could get the same thing from Dish Network. She spoke to someone and then came back and said they could do that. I placed my order and paid for one additional DVR. Three times during my conversation I was told that if there were any problems with my order that I would be able to call back and they could play back the conversation because they were all recorded. I should have been suspicous by her even mentioning this. The technician showed up to install my dish and receivers and he only had one HD/DVR, one HD box, one DVR and two additional boxes which I also ordered. He got his supervisor on the phone and they told me that it was not possible to honor that order and that I was never promised that. I sent the technician away and called DirecTV back and requested that my conversation be replayed. I was told that could not be done without a subpoena. I have already cancelled my cable. I am now going to be without everything until I find a replacement or get cable turned back on. I want this fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2010 11:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTV-DIRECTV-ENTERPRISES-DIRECTV-HOLDINGS-DIRECTV-O-DIRECTV-GROUP-INC/internet/DirecTV-DIRECTV-ENTERPRISES-DIRECTV-HOLDINGS-DIRECTV-O-DIRECTV-GROUP-INC-Fal-555508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTV - DIRECTV ENTERPRISES, DIRECTV HOLDINGS - DIRECTV O - DIRECTV GROUP INC.