Complaint Review: DirecTV - Satellite

• Submitted: Tue, May 18, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 18, 2010

• Reported By: Peter — Palatine Illinois U.S.A.
DirecTV - Satellite

DirecTV - Satellite Receivables Performance Management LLC Trying to collect early termination fee after being a customer for 10 years Internet

This is what they are doing to me. A year ago in April of 2009 I upgraded to HD as many people were doing at the time, we had Direct TV for 10 years already and any committment was exceeded tenfold, they even thanked us for being a 10 year customer by giving us $5.00 off a month for 12 months, then the next month they gave me $5.00 off but raised our Choice package charges by $10.00 the second month, this had othi9ng to do with the upgraded HD charges this was the regular package price increase of $10.00. I called and cancelled. The lady told me that I was going to be charged $438.00 early diconnection fee? I said no way I have been a customer for 10 years, never even late on a bill. She said that unles I wanted to keep the service I would be charged. Needless to say this did not go over well and I disconnected as I already had DISH Network installing my new system, she even said she would have someone come out and re install the dish for free if I wanted to keep the service plus another $5.00 off for 6 moonths. I laughed and said no thank you not after you are telling me you want to rip me off after ten years of being a faithful customer. I wrote them a letter after the first bill asking me for thiis absurd amount of money. No resonse no bills even. Now a year later I get a letter from RPM, a collection agency, a year and a month later telling me that I owe $448.00, I called them and they assured me I am under contract no matter how long I have had the service. I said excuse me? I had a contract for 12 months in 1999 and cancelled in 2009, thats ten years, he said it does not matter that if you cancel anytime with them you get charged for disconnection, I said how do you even know my case when you do not even know who you are talking to, I never was asked for an acct number or anything, not even my name, so this is the response they give everyone. I'll be calling my Attorney.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2010 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DirecTV-Satellite/internet/DirecTV-Satellite-Receivables-Performance-Management-LLC-Trying-to-collect-early-termina-604485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DirecTV - Satellite